Roe v. Wade (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 10:28:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Roe v. Wade (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your position on Roe?
Pro-choice/Pro-Roe

Pro-choice/Anti-Roe

Pro-life/Pro-Roe

Pro-life/Anti-Roe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Roe v. Wade  (Read 31208 times)
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« on: December 01, 2006, 09:26:53 PM »

You know, with the amount of birth control presently available on the market today, it is really inexcusable to put oneself into a position of having to get an abortion unless to save one's own life.

Just a point.

Condoms only work 98% of the time.  So no.  Change 'really' to 'rarely' and then you'd have a solid point.

There are many, many other forms of birth control available other than just condoms.  Perhaps if you were 35 instead of 15, you might realize this.

I like the cheap shot, Sam!  But the point remains that no form of birth control is 100% efficient.  I just picked out condoms as a token example.

Also, if you were 35 instead of 15, you would know that you can use multiple forms of birth control at the same time, thereby increasing efficiency.

However, my argument doesn't entail 100% efficiency.  99.9% efficiency, which I believe could be gotten pretty close to if birth control were widely used, would be effective enough, and it would reduce abortion rates to nearly zero.  This should be the goal.  Then we could eliminate abortion legally (excpet to save the mother's life) or maybe we could do it beforehand in order push people towards using birth control actively.  Tongue

This is really delayed, but a couple things.  Firstly, I'd argue we have better sex ed today than twenty years ago and the average 15 yr old could tell you more about birth control than the average 35 yr old.  Secondly, have you seen those women's birth control options?  All are very scary, gross, and/or somewhat dangerous.  Male condoms should be used and if there's pregnancy, just abort it quickly, or carry it to term.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies