Youngest Forum Member? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:10:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Youngest Forum Member? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Youngest Forum Member?  (Read 12981 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« on: January 26, 2008, 09:53:39 PM »

You make me feel old Mr. Harker Tongue. I wonder how old Evilmexicandicator is because I remember he said he was 13 years of age.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 09:59:05 PM »

I feel even older now, I was born on February 7, 1993.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 10:05:42 PM »

Jeez, 8th grade? I feel old now.

I remember 8th grade. Quite a bit in fact.

When I was in Year 8 I joined this forum. What joy that year was, except for when the Sydney Swans lost the Grand Final by 1 f**king point.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 10:08:38 PM »

Jeez, 8th grade? I feel old now.

I remember 8th grade. Quite a bit in fact.

When I was in Year 8 I joined this forum. What joy that year was, except for when the Sydney Swans lost the Grand Final by 1 f**king point.

Aren't you from Melbourne?

I am from Melbourne. I just go for the Sydney Swans and have since I was 4 years old.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 10:16:01 PM »

Xahar is probably the smartest 13 year old I've ever "met".

Same here. I've never known a thirteen year old who knows so much about politics and history.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 10:23:34 PM »

Xahar is probably the smartest 13 year old I've ever "met". The contrast between him and say Evilmexicandicatator is confounding

I completely scare the hell out of people at school when I pull out my tomes on Napoleon during the announcements. That's all I'll say.

I can imagine; my friends thought I was nuts when I brought Master of the Senate to school. 

I'm surprised that people think your nuts for bringing books, such as Master of the Senate to school. They didn't complain when I brought a biography of LBJ into school, likewise when I read a book on the history of the ALP.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 10:27:04 PM »

They just thought it was weird I was reading a book that huge; they had the same reaction when I read The Illiad.

I wonder how my friends will react when I bring in The American Melodrama: The Presidential Campaign of 1968 to school for wider reading this year? It's a massive book, more than 1000 pages for sure. That should be fun.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 10:28:50 PM »

They just thought it was weird I was reading a book that huge; they had the same reaction when I read The Illiad.

I wonder how my friends will react when I bring in The American Melodrama: The Presidential Campaign of 1968 to school for wider reading this year? It's a massive book, more than 1000 pages for sure. That should be fun.

They probably won't be too surprised.

They probably won't, but it's always good to dream.........
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 06:27:41 PM »

A question to my fellow teens (Xahar, Hashemite, Ben and Evilmexicandictator):

What do your teachers think of you?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »

All of my teachers love me. I seem to have a charming effect on them, even though I talk way too much Wink

That's the same with me. I remember once my and my then Year 9 Coordinator and soon-to-be Debate Coach got into a heated discussion on the political abuse of the media, we mainly focused on Murdoch of course Wink. This was the same guy who was surprised I knew the EC totals in the 1984 Presidential Election.

Whilst I think about it, a few months back the American Consul General visited my school. There was some Q&A time, all of the questions we're on Iraq. I was the only one to ask him a question that had nothing to do with Iraq. My question had something to do with Putin and Russia.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 07:47:28 PM »

All of my teachers love me. I seem to have a charming effect on them, even though I talk way too much Wink

That's the same with me. I remember once my and my then Year 9 Coordinator and soon-to-be Debate Coach got into a heated discussion on the political abuse of the media, we mainly focused on Murdoch of course Wink. This was the same guy who was surprised I knew the EC totals in the 1984 Presidential Election.

Whilst I think about it, a few months back the American Consul General visited my school. There was some Q&A time, all of the questions we're on Iraq. I was the only one to ask him a question that had nothing to do with Iraq. My question had something to do with Putin and Russia.

Clearly, I'm the only nerd with an attitude problem. Tongue

I've had many detentions before, mainly with my former Italian teacher. Ms. Odorisio, or as I liked to call her Ms. Autobitchio. All because I didn't do my work in Italian, you know what I was doing half the time in Italian. Writing Alternative History Tongue.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 04:38:30 PM »

BTW, it seems like the new posters we have now are nerds.

Never insult me like that again.

How is being called a 'nerd' an insult?

I don't deny reality. I am a nerd.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've come to accept my identity as a nerd and I love it. Back in my idiotic class 9C last year they always used to call me that, they even said I was the most nerdy looking, which was quiet odd. It's always good when your a nerd, especially a political nerd to ramble on about every single leader of the Soviet Union from 1921-1991 in English class, when we are doing something related to George Orwell's Animal Farm. I'm sure I pissed off alot of people that day and I'm proud of it Smiley.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 04:56:08 PM »

When I think nerd I think one of those kids that studies every waking hour hoping to be number one in the class but lacks any real world knowledge.

And I know plenty of them. A few of my friends are like that. They're the types that are pretty dumb unless they study for hours on end. It reminds me of my crazy religious friend. He's pretty dumb but he studies and studies and studies even throughout the holidays for the upcoming exams, and they're not until October Tongue. Not to mention he does lack real world knowledge.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies