SB 29-10: SADNEWS Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:57:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 29-10: SADNEWS Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 29-10: SADNEWS Act (Passed)  (Read 922 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: March 22, 2021, 10:45:36 AM »

People don't send enough PMs anymore on such things.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 10:54:54 AM »

This bill does a hit a little close to home based on a situation with a relative. I have never been fond of the way in which this is often handled and I still have some concerns about how things were done in 2018.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 11:03:38 AM »

This is a very serious issue & one that has got lost in a lot of the coverage about the healthcare (and general inequality) related issues around covid. Am happy to support this bill.

Covid has exposed so many deficiencies in health care as a profession that it emphasizes that efforts to expand access based on financial considerations like Scott, others and I did in 2017, and like is still the focus in real life is an essential first, it is still just that, a first step. Questions of practices in the industry come up and questions of protocols and other processes that determine how and who to treat as well.

One could argue that far more than just those with learning disabilities but more generalized disabilities and even mental illness probably all fall into the same boat of worse Covid outcomes for a variety of factors.

Then when it comes of course to the matter of DNRs, are probably much more likely to be abused as well.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 01:40:44 PM »

As was referred to in the house debate in this measure, the finding of this bill are quite disturbing we can't allow for these discrepancies in our healthcare system to continue and this bill will address those. People with Learning Disabilities already have it hard enough and this bill seeks to close the gap in how  they are treated in our healthcare system. I encourage for us to pass this soon.

Certainly agreed and I am likewise of a mind to proceed expeditiously on addressing this concern. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 11:15:33 AM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 09:51:18 AM »

I PMed the last three Senators plus the presiding officer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies