NJ 2009 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:43:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ 2009 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ 2009  (Read 10921 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 11, 2007, 12:59:43 AM »

Given it's DWTL predicting a Republican win, I'm inclined to predict that Corzine gets reelected in a landslide.
I advise you to educate yourself on the race because that would be a blindly stupid prediction

I'm pretty damned educated, and I concur that Corzine wins fairly easily.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 01:00:54 AM »

And Chris Christie is almost certainly going to run, and almost certainly going to be annointed the GOP nominee with little effort.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 08:46:59 AM »

Given it's DWTL predicting a Republican win, I'm inclined to predict that Corzine gets reelected in a landslide.
I advise you to educate yourself on the race because that would be a blindly stupid prediction

... says the kid who predicted a Tom Kean victory as late into the Senate race as October 2006.

To be fair, that wasn't blindly stupid. His loss wasn't that big.
Actually, it was very stupid. However, I believe DWTL realized he wasn't going to win by late Sept.

While I certainly doubt Kean was favored to win at any time post-Foley, the possibility of him turning it around was still there.  It certainly was within the realm of possibility, at least in the same sense that it was possible for Ford to win.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 11:53:30 AM »

Conan makes a good argument.  If it were Codey or Andrews, Kean Jr. would have got blown out BADLY.  This is not a race we should have had to worry about but somehow did.  Hell I even think Frank Pallone would have had double digits.

What you just said had nothing to do with what Conan said or what we are arguing about. Nothing.

The point - Kean didn't lose that badly so predicting that he'd win isn't that much of a bad call.
No one who lives in NJ would ever think that Kean was going to win.  After becoming familiar with him as a candidate, it was just impossible. He's not ready for primetime.

It was very possible, and indeed, for part of the campaign, it seemed more likely than not.  It almost doesn't matter how "ready for primetime" Kean is.  In New Jersey, people don't watch Senatorial debates.  They vote based on campaign commercials and prior political leanings.

Certainly, Wally Edge pinned Kean's loss on the national mood post-Foley.  (cue: lol but BODINE)

And, thank you, I spent a good chunk of time in 2006 working in New Jersey to cover the damn race.  But feel free to clutch to your notions that (1) polls always favor Republicans always always in September but get accurate in October always always and (2) New Jersey will never elect a Republican to anything ever ever never elect ever again ever ever.

Especially when there are a whole ****load of states more Republican than New Jersey that do.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 07:58:34 PM »

And if you did report on this election, you certainly are the most incompetent reporter ever.

Now that the argument is getting personal and largely pointless, I think I'll bow out of it, thanks.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »

Corzine will defeat Christie. Just deal with it. Christie will be seen as "piggish" and the epitome of everything wrong with New Jersey corruption.

ok thx 4 ur input
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies