We Have it in Our Power to Begin the World Anew...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:15:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  We Have it in Our Power to Begin the World Anew...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We Have it in Our Power to Begin the World Anew...  (Read 273 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2018, 04:07:51 AM »

Going for extra points by using both a Thomas Paine quote and a TR quote.

We just had the highest raw voter turnout for a Presidential election in the history of the game. This is a tremendous opportunity to move forward and progress as a game and as a country. To have such engagement in the election, bodes well for our ability to build on that going forward. However, not surprisingly, there has come about the means to undermine and delay that progress and sadly that bull has been grabbed firmly by the horns while opportunity wastes away.

No More!

It is time we remember just what this is game is and just what we are doing. This is a voluntary elections simulator with an attached government simulator for the purpose for the elections having meaning and purpose. Clearly though there are group and relationship dynamics that work against the relevance of issues and policy. However, we must address the present problems before us and in order to do that we must get back to basics in terms of what the game is about and why.

I still am partially in shock over the fact that we pulled this off. There were many times when I thought victory would be impossible and I am humbly grateful to the will of the voters for making their supreme choice for President, determining ultimately who and what is best to serve as Atlasia's leader. My only hope is that I may be able to discharge my duties in a manner worthy and capable of the trials and tasks that lay before us.

The road ahead is long and arduous. We face a conflict abroad and a looming fiscal crisis if we don't get our budget deficit under the control, even more so if the aforementioned conflict gets out of control. We have to pursue policies that encourage competition and discourage monopolies be they public or private sector. We need to work with the regions to help them achieve greater results in both education and healthcare. We need to spur small business creation and provide level playing field for them to get off the ground, which will not only help the consumers but create more jobs, and not be stifled by pre-existing firm's regulatory capture.

We need to reform the way the government functions in game as well. This begins with reforming the cabinet and bringing important improvements to the standards, and also with regards to the evaluating our present offices, what they accomplish and whether it is worth maintaining said offices in the face of the present track record and potential alternatives.

To achieve these results and more I look forward to regular interactions with the cabinet, Congress and the regional officials as well. The more interactions we have the more involved other people will be and the more engaged and invested people will be in the state of national politics.

Lastly I want to emphasize that I could not have done this without the support of many people. But I especially want to thank my running mate for never doubting the eventual outcome, because I certainly did, and working so hard to get us to that destination. I also want to thank good people like Senator Mr. R, President Fhtagn, and a number of other people as well, we could not have accomplished this without the tremendous hard work of these and other people who contributed their time and their votes to making it happen.

I want to congratulate all those who have been elected to their various offices and to thank all those who ran whether were successful or not because all of them made a part of the tapestry that is the June 2018 elections.

Over the next few days, I look forward to getting the new administration organized and ready to launch on inauguration day. There are going to be many opportunities for people to get involved and I encourage anyone who is interested to take advantage of those opportunities once they arise. But I will right here and now remind every such person of the famous words of JFK, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country".

This is a serious point because it is my contention that there is a tremendous pool of talent being underutilized and furthermore and lot of potential creativity and innovation never even being discussed, much less being implemented and making difference. Changing this will be one of my top priorities as we seek to make Atlasia a truly more welcoming and engaging place to be. Beyond that even, we as individuals have the choice to make this game what we want it to be and I this day call on all members of this game to do their utmost to strive daily towards that objective because the more people we can involve and engage the better off the game will be as a result. This is thus our opportunity, our chance, and in the words of Thomas Paine, we have it in our power to begin the world anew. We have the power to change our way of doing business.

Let us all come together now and let us strive as one towards making Atlasia truly a more engaging and welcoming place for all that wish to participate.

Thank You! and Dave Bless!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies