If Trump is dropped... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:30:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Trump is dropped... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Trump is dropped...  (Read 1820 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: August 03, 2016, 11:35:44 PM »

I think you're missing the most important focus of his -- himself. His biographers have stated on multiple occasions that the man is by far and away a self-centered narcissist. If he believes in himself that much, I don't see him dropping out barring him being rendered physically unable to continue.

Narcissists quit when the situation is too painful for their ego to bear.  If it gets to the point where he's being raked over the coals and there's a consensus nationwide that he's a horrible candidate and will absolutely lose by a wide margin, he might very well quit.  I guarantee you the daily attacks on him by Larry, Trevor, and other popular young commentators really hurt, because he's a thin-skinned egotist.

He could insulate himself in his cult, play to adoring, drooling crowds, continue making the outrageous remarks they love.  But the possibility of being completely humiliated in November would weigh heavily on him.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 11:46:06 PM »

Trump is going to "win" even if he loses. That is why he has started talking about the system being rigged and polls being phony. If he loses in November, he will just claim that Clinton stole the election and claim that the corrupt system kept him from being President.

If Clinton gets 2012+NC+AZ+GA+MO+others, that's the kind of result Trump can't spin into a "rigged election" narrative.  Trump would go down as a terrible failure.  And if it looks like that might happen, he very well might see quitting and walking away as the better alternative.

"The media has attacked me.  They lie about me.  They are so in bed with crooked Hillary, they have made it impossible for me.  I'm not going to dignify this rigged election by being a part of it."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies