Boehner: Obama "slapped table", scolded me at White House meeting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:41:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Boehner: Obama "slapped table", scolded me at White House meeting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boehner: Obama "slapped table", scolded me at White House meeting  (Read 1832 times)
DariusNJ

« on: February 18, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/18/boehner-obama-slapped-tab_n_467869.html

"I was in the White House for a meeting a few weeks back," Boehner recalled. "We were talking about the economy and jobs and I was explaining that these Democrat policies, you know -- cap and trade, national energy tax, government takeover of our health care system, card check, higher tax rates -- all of this was paralyzing business owners because they had all of this uncertainty. And you know no small business owners can plan, invest or hire new workers in this kind of environment.

"But the president didn't like it," he added. "He looked at me and he slapped the table and said, 'Boehner, it's not my policies that are paralyzing these employers. It's you Republicans who are scaring them.'

"I said, 'Mr. President, the American people aren't scared about what we have to say. They're scared by the policies that are being promoted by your administration and your colleagues up on the Hill.' I told him, 'well here is the thing, the American people want leaders who will listen they don't need any more lecturers coming to Washington."

If only there was a video of this!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies