Applying To Colleges (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:30:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Applying To Colleges (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Applying To Colleges  (Read 88030 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: December 14, 2011, 12:02:32 PM »

I have a 3.28 and that's likely to drop this semester.  largely due to addiction, depression, and anxiety problems that for a long time went largely untreated (and still does on the first count).

My friend went to Cornell...and I went to grad school upstate...depressing area at times (if not always)...pretty high self-termination rate right?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 12:27:25 PM »

I have a 3.28 and that's likely to drop this semester.  largely due to addiction, depression, and anxiety problems that for a long time went largely untreated (and still does on the first count).

My friend went to Cornell...and I went to grad school upstate...depressing area at times (if not always)...pretty high self-termination rate right?

well I think about 90% of kids graduate, if that's what you mean by self-termination.  we haven't had a suicide since they put big fences around the Gorges in 2010.  it is a depressing area in that the sun basically doesn't come out from December through March, it goes from 17 hours of darkness to 7 hours of overcast greyish.  this is particularly problematic for those with 'Seasonal Affective Disorder' (which disproportionately impacts young adults, whose sleep schedules will naturally move towards eating up those hours that do have a modicum of daylight).

I'm sure the fact Cornell is an ivy league school doesn't help when you're under regular environmental stress/depression.  Not to slam Cornell (as it is a great school, better than my undergrad) but the addage I always heard (even from Cornell alums) was "easiest ivy to get into, hardest to stay in..." or something of that sort.  Then again, the easiest ivy to get into, if that's even true or whichever one that is, is still harder to get into than what, pretty much every other school (save for a few other non-ivy elites) in the country?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 03:07:21 PM »

Don't go to college to study political science. It's a waste of money unless you want to go to law school, which is a crap shoot these days.

Truth.  Unless you're a gunner or going to a T14 school...go into the sciences.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:20:42 AM »

I am getting mad tired of getting spammed out by law school fee waivers

^^^^^^^^^^^^ seriously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR5YNqE3K8
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies