Repeal of Family Planning Amendments of 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:57:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Repeal of Family Planning Amendments of 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Repeal of Family Planning Amendments of 2004  (Read 4666 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« on: May 06, 2005, 02:48:16 PM »

I approve of this bill.  This has my vote.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 05:12:56 PM »

aye
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 08:54:44 PM »

I see no reason to continue to give money to the UN over anything, much less crap like this. 
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 03:39:09 PM »

I am, myself, pro-life, but I do not feel that it is appropriate to allow personal views to get involved with what I believe is entirely legal. Like it or not, abortion is illegal under Atlasian laws. Thus, I do not really find restricting knowledge of something that - while you could argue is morally deplorable - is regarded as legal.

Senator Gabu has presented an excellent argument here, one which I cannot see too significant of a counter-argument for. Dislike of the U.N. aside, I have seen little proof that this minute amount of money relative to the overall budget is misused or misappropriated enough to be worth getting rid of.

I do, however, encourage more research to be made into the connection between this and China. If proved, this is absolutely unacceptable. I encourage the Senate to seek to create some sort of investigative body to assure that the UNFPA is not overstepping its bounds.
Is this a veto?
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 03:57:23 PM »

Frankly, I don't see how a connection between UNFPA and China has not been proven, since it's on the public record everywhere.  I have more links where those came from. 

This has more to do with their support of China's one-couple, one-child policy and abortion in general.  It also has to do with forced sterilization and infanticide subsidized and essentially promoted by these types of organizations through their support of China's stringent population control laws.

If anything, Gabu's links are quite vague and are the ones up for "interpretation".

Nonetheless, if the President decides to veto it, I will call for a veto override.
I'm all in support of a veto overide is Alcon vetos it.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 03:51:12 PM »

Personally, I think that clause (b) is beneficial, as I don't feel that the federal government should be able to reject funding purely for political reasons.
Political, eh?  Try moral.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies