Keys to the White House: 1948 a different America (1960 election) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:32:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Keys to the White House: 1948 a different America (1960 election) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Keys to the White House: 1948 a different America (1960 election)  (Read 8626 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2020, 10:36:02 AM »

Apologies but I'll have to drop out for now. Life is getting towards me and I have an idea to either host an election game or a history game and I can't be playing two games while hosting another without making me rip my own hair out from the stress. I do have two ideas for an Antiquity Historical Game (Two, in fact, though one is more Character Driven than the other, arguably) and I'll post the thread and poll for that in a few minutes. I hope everyone will understand this.

That's understandable. You will be missed as you were a great player throughout.

Sad to see you go, good luck with your future endeavors.

Hoping for a good update for me, seeing as I turn 23 at midnight ACST which is . . . three and a half hours away.

Happy birthday!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2020, 01:59:18 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2020, 12:48:47 AM by Orwell »

The new turn will be up tomorrow night, I will be including Senator Jackson + co. in the story, but he won't be going for the Presidency, unless NTP joins back.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2020, 01:19:03 PM »

I've decided to join back in until at least the 1960 election is over and done with, to keep everything consistent with the story and such. If my 2012 game doesn't pick up any momentum and gains more players in the next two days, I'll fully rejoin this game in earnest. Hopefully I'm making sense when saying this.

Totally, glad to have you back for this time. Hopefully you'll be back fully
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2020, 02:40:20 PM »

We'll just have to Wait and See. WHen can we expect the next update?

Tonight
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2020, 11:57:27 AM »

New turn will be out tonight 12-4 est likely
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2020, 07:26:19 PM »

Yea sadly, it just seemed like there wasn't enough interest. Maybe some time in the future.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2021, 07:33:37 PM »

As it has been nearly a year since this game had an unfortunate end, I’ve contacted many of the former players and we’ve discussed if they would like to rejuvenate the game. I’ve decided to revive the game, and I’ll allow for new signups from the current time until the end of the game.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2021, 08:47:53 PM »

I'm interested, but I'm uncomfortable with the character creation aspect of the gameplay.

I'd probably take an existing individual (probably someone who was just turning eighteen in 1960, like Joe Biden), if I were allowed to do that.

Otherwise, I'd be interested in playing without creating a character at all.

I’d usually advise against entirely real people, but if you made a character based around a real person with some changes it would be fine.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2021, 08:59:34 PM »

I'm interested, but I'm uncomfortable with the character creation aspect of the gameplay.

I'd probably take an existing individual (probably someone who was just turning eighteen in 1960, like Joe Biden), if I were allowed to do that.

Otherwise, I'd be interested in playing without creating a character at all.

I’d usually advise against entirely real people, but if you made a character based around a real person with some changes it would be fine.

Still would prefer an eighteen year old Biden (there might be some edits- he might not be a Delaware native anymore, but most of his background otherwise largely would remain the same.).

I guess I’m fine with that, just post the character build so I can note down the differences please
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2021, 07:32:09 PM »

I'd be interested in playing this.

As it has been nearly a year since this game had an unfortunate end, I’ve contacted many of the former players and we’ve discussed if they would like to rejuvenate the game. I’ve decided to revive the game, and I’ll allow for new signups from the current time until the end of the game.

Any idea on how long before we start up again?

We can expect the game to restart at noon tomorrow the Democratic ticket will need to be decided but I’ll give a short rundown of what we’ve done so far in the update before we do the next ballot.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2021, 07:46:03 PM »

I'd be interested in playing this.

Any idea on how long before we start up again?

We can expect the game to restart at noon tomorrow the Democratic ticket will need to be decided but I’ll give a short rundown of what we’ve done so far in the update before we do the next ballot.

I notice you didn't comment on my profile on an eighteen year old Joe Biden. Does that mean you approve?

Yes Sir, I just didn’t get around to it.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2021, 08:28:56 PM »

I'll proably just have Kenway go back to being a civil rights lawyer

Iirc Kenway was elected in 1954 so this lines up, didn’t Jackson and Kenway have an agreement Kenway would seek the Governorship come 62?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2021, 10:03:11 AM »

We have the update, and the Democratic and Republican tickets are here. Y’all have until noon on Sunday to post your turns and for those in charge of the individual campaigns. (NTP, Elcapsar, and Kaiser Dave) I look to see what you decide to do in regards to the campaigns for your tickets.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2021, 06:35:31 PM »

I’ll start the write up tonight should be up tomorrow
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2021, 05:36:54 PM »

I’ll start the write up tonight should be up tomorrow
So any ETA on the update?

Sorry about not getting it up last night I wasnt able to format it mentally but I’m feeling good about it now expect it by 10 EST
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2021, 09:02:22 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2021, 09:08:19 PM by Orwell »

I’ll give y’all the post election reaction in the morning, we’re going to be taking a 1 week break though, since I’ll be getting a new laptop it’ll allow all of you to regroup and think about your plans for the next 4 years and me to actually write an update worth reading
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2021, 10:23:04 AM »

My computer died a few hours before the Presidential election update, so I had to write it on my iPad, that’s not the full update it’s just what I was able to get out, I’m going to edit it and make it readable this week.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2021, 05:03:17 PM »

How did Louis and Arnold's campaigns go? Did they both win or did only Louis win compared to Arnold?

Louis was victorious but his opponent had a strong showing for a Republican, Arnold too was able to win both the primary and General but his position is tenous at best.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2021, 10:19:50 PM »

The update is coming soon!!!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2021, 10:43:13 PM »

I'm waiting for people to post their next turn