Have the Democrats lost the White vote forever? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:30:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Have the Democrats lost the White vote forever? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have the Democrats lost the White vote forever?  (Read 6324 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« on: January 26, 2017, 03:19:26 PM »

Not so sure that White youth alone will push the total share of White voters the democrats receive to 40+. Hillary Clinton only received 43% of White youth (18-29 year olds according to CNN exit polling) and that occurred during a presidential year. As young Whites get older they will trend Republican.

A certain percentage of people typically become more conservative as they get older and this will definitely be the case for the White youth.

Actually I'd say there is more than enough proof to show that people do not definitively trend conservative as they grow older (not to mention 'conservative' might not mean exactly the same things 30-40 years into the future). It's not a rule of life. And even if they did, that doesn't mean they automatically become Republicans. The composition of the electorate state-by-state, historically, does not support this idea. What studies and data do seem to support is partisan identities embedded at a young age and becoming resistant to change over time, save for big realigning events.

Honestly, I'm somewhat convinced this idea persists because older people right now are so Republican/conservative, and many assume it's always been that way. In reality they are simply products of their generations, which were positively influenced by years of cultural/economic events and well-received GOP administrations and the failures of the Democratic Party.

As for what I said about white youth - right now it isn't enough, but as they grow older it'll balance things out, assuming the youth that follows them isn't dramatically less Democratic, which I don't personally believe will be the case but, we'll see.

They will almost certainly be much more culturally conservative as a result of college campuses and people like Milo and Shapiro.

Look at the CNN exit polls in Missouri, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota. The 18-24 year olds were considerably more conservative than the 25-29 year olds were in each of these states. In some cases the disparity was so great that it was likely 18-20 year olds within that bracket that was skewing the entire bracket conservative.

Democrats are really screwing themselves with White youth because of the SJW nonsense. Obama wasn't afraid to speak out against the college campus environments that try to strangle free speech. In fact he spoke out multiple times.

If the Democrats don't have any leader to stand up to this element within their Party or worse, if they perpetuate it, then the upcoming White youth will be consoderably more conservative as a backlash.

I would say Hillary 20-50 point wins among the 18-24 demographic in other states like IL, FL, CA, GA, TX, AZ, NC and VA are much more concerning to Republicans than Democrats barely breaking even or narrowly losing the 18-24 demo in those Midwestern states. Not to mention, the former are growing, the latter are shrinking. So I'd say that alt-Rightism is probably much more toxic than SJWism is in the long run. I guess Republicans could see if they can actually wittle themselves down to 3-4 seats in California if they wanted to at this rate.

The alt-right has much smaller numbers.  There also aren't any alt-right professors indoctrinating students.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies