GOP makes gains with White Catholics in 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:12:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GOP makes gains with White Catholics in 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP makes gains with White Catholics in 2014  (Read 1870 times)
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« on: November 12, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »

I am a white Catholic who would have voted for the straight Republican ticket if I weren't 16. Btw, this whole trend with white Catholics follows an overall trend of whites in general becoming more heavily Republican each cycle since 1976. I hope that soon the GOP will be winning >80% of the white vote.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »

I am a white Catholic who would have voted for the straight Republican ticket if I weren't 16. Btw, this whole trend with white Catholics follows an overall trend of whites in general becoming more heavily Republican each cycle since 1976. I hope that soon the GOP will be winning >80% of the white vote.

No.  The last thing this country needs is more racial polarization.

Why not? The Democrats use racial polarization to their advantage, and win well over 90% of the black vote in every election. Why shouldn't we do the same but with the white vote?
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:48:23 PM »

No.  The last thing this country needs is more racial polarization.

Why not? The Democrats use racial polarization to their advantage, and win well over 90% of the black vote in every election. Why shouldn't we do the same but with the white vote?

Because look at your own state and how shitty it's become with such a dynamic.

It doesn't necessarily matter how shitty the state is, what does matter in terms of this conversation is that Republicans dominate at every level. If nationwide the GOP performed as well with the white vote as it does in Arkansas and Alabama, it will be an unstoppable force in American politics even as the percentage of whites decreases. Also, if >80% of whites in your state voted consistently for the Republicans, it wouldn't be even remotely considered competitive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies