Judiciary Bill (WITHDRAWN) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Judiciary Bill (WITHDRAWN) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Judiciary Bill (WITHDRAWN)  (Read 1229 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 23, 2005, 11:02:11 AM »

This bill is just unecessary. I see where your coming from Pete, but frankly with only a 3 member Court its just not needed. I will be voting no. 
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 04:22:42 PM »

This question is, as Peter so nicely laid out, whether we want to lay out a Civil Law in these matters.

If we don't, then this bill is probably unnecessary.

My fundamental thoughts are these.

If the Atlasian population was large enough, to say where there were 200 or 300 active members and 400 or 500 citizens, then I think a bill like this would be very necessary and we would probably need to go into the spectrum of civil law, just to keep things orderly

As of right now though, I think we just need to add laws to the criminal law statutes and deal with those and electoral cases as they may come, unless the situation I talked about above arises.

Or unless we have a huge wave of Civil Cases to deal with which seems unlikely.

PPT Gabu I would like to withdraw this bill on the grounds that it is not needed at the present time.

Very good, thank you Senator.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies