Sanders Returning to Campaign Trail for Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:19:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders Returning to Campaign Trail for Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders Returning to Campaign Trail for Clinton  (Read 1147 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: August 20, 2016, 05:49:40 PM »

Traitor to his own movement, at least Ron Paul had the decency to tell people to vote their conscious.

Did you support Sanders in the primaries, otherwise not understanding how you could call him a traitor to the movement?

I did not, but I can see when Robb Stark was betrayed at the red wedding, and not been betrayed myself.

Traitor to his own movement, at least Ron Paul had the decency to tell people to vote their conscious.

yeah, he should support an orange billionaire who espouses everything he despises about the current system because CONSCIENCE. smart

No, I'm saying he should've told people to vote for the person they thought best represented their beliefs. Also, you forget that there are more than a hundred presidential candidates, not just two.

There are only two with even a remote chance of winning.  When Johnson, Stein, or anybody else start polling in the 30s% or so, we can talk.  Until then this is literally only a Clinton or Trump choice.

remote /=/ realistic. Defintion of remote: " of a chance or possibility) unlikely to occur."

Yeah, it's not at all likely that Johnson or Stein would win the election. But both will be on state ballots totaling more than 400 EVs, and Johnson should be on every state's ballot. Both candidates have actual electors that would be appointed to vote for those candidates if they were to win states or ME/NE CDs. Johnson doesn't even have to reach 270 EVs, as the house might select him as a "compromise choice" if there is no electoral majority. All you need to do to have a "possibility" of winning the election is to be on enough ballots, and Johnson and Stein are. That it's incredibly unlikely doesn't matter because remote means unlikely. Remote does not mean realistic or logical. It just means possible. 

This is not "literally only" a Clinton or Trump choice.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies