If you were a member of Congress, would you attend Netanyahu's speech? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:54:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If you were a member of Congress, would you attend Netanyahu's speech? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ??
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

No (D)

No (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 127

Author Topic: If you were a member of Congress, would you attend Netanyahu's speech?  (Read 9714 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: March 02, 2015, 09:52:24 PM »

Yes (R ), and I would aggressively lobby my colleagues to do the same using whatever influence I might have.

Hopefully you wouldn't be a member of Congress, since you repeatedly demonstrate in your postings on here that you are a foreigner who places your allegiance to Israel above your allegiance to America.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:29:51 PM »

Yes (R ), and I would aggressively lobby my colleagues to do the same using whatever influence I might have.

Hopefully you wouldn't be a member of Congress, since you repeatedly demonstrate in your postings on here that you are a foreigner who places your allegiance to Israel above your allegiance to America.

Please stop. This idea that Jews are foreigners who care more about Israel than their own nation is very common anti-Semitic rhetoric.

Anyway, No (D)

I don't think all Jews are foreigners who care more about Israel than their own country. I just think that specific one does. Rather ironic considering that were it not for American generosity and benevolence, his family would probably have starved to death in some post-apocalyptic Eastern Bloc hellhole sometime during Yeltsin's first term.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 12:02:00 AM »

1. America and Israel's interests do not differ in this situation.

The biggest actual threat to American strategic interests in the Middle East is ISIS, which Iran opposes.

The biggest perceived threat to Israeli strategic interests in the Middle East is Iran.

It does not make sense for the US to relentlessly isolate and punish Iran at this time. It would be as though Winston Churchill came to America and warned us not to work with the Soviet Union to defeat fascism because they were totalitarian communists.

This is one of those messy, Kissingeresque "enemy of my enemy is my friend" moments - for the US, not Israel, because Israel literally doesn't have any friends except the United States (and whose fault is that?).

The fact that you really, truly believe that Iran would actually preemptively attack Israel even if it did obtain nuclear weapons is proof of how full you are of that Likudnik Kool-Aid.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 09:53:43 AM »

If America were facing a hostile power possibly gaining nuclear weapons a stone's throw away from us, there is no way we would hesitate to exploit political divisions in another country if it would help our perceived interest. 
Iran isn't trying to exploit divisions in America Huh

How is Israel threatening Iran?  Let's be real here.  Israel has justifiable defense concerns about Iran, who already have a proxy army on Israel's border and supply Hamas with rockets.  Not to mention that fact that they have literally said they want to destroy Israel.  Israel, on the other hand, only wants peace and defends itself.  But, I guess facts don't matter to you anyway.

It also wants a sizable portion of the West Bank. Are you suggesting that rabid settler fundies burning mosques and vandalizing and demolishing Palestinian homes and lands is done in self defense?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 01:47:51 PM »

If America were facing a hostile power possibly gaining nuclear weapons a stone's throw away from us, there is no way we would hesitate to exploit political divisions in another country if it would help our perceived interest. 

How is Israel threatening Iran?  Let's be real here.  Israel has justifiable defense concerns about Iran, who already have a proxy army on Israel's border and supply Hamas with rockets.  Not to mention that fact that they have literally said they want to destroy Israel.  Israel, on the other hand, only wants peace and defends itself.  But, I guess facts don't matter to you anyway.

It also wants a sizable portion of the West Bank. Are you suggesting that rabid settler fundies burning mosques and vandalizing and demolishing Palestinian homes and lands is done in self defense?

Those are separate issues, mostly because the West Bank does not include Iran. 

But, as long as there is a conflict over the West Bank, it's apparently open season to kill Jews and threaten mass genocide.  I guess that's the logic.  And, if you think Iran or any Arab country cares about the plight of the Palestinian people, you're incredibly naive. 

But, let's agree to disagree because this is not an issue that leads to productive rational discussion.

Why are those separate issues but somehow the Charlie Hebdo killings, the Gaza War, and Iran's tasteless but impotent "omg death to teh Jewz" rube-baiting are all evidence of Monolithic Islamism?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 01:54:04 PM »

No. If Loretta Lynch locks the traitor up, I can forgive her stances on liberties/drugs.

Good lord. You want a war?

Haha Israel will fight the US? Lol bring it on!

If they kidnapped the Israeli prime minister while he was a guest on American soil? Absolutely.

Israel wouldn't win, but there might very well be no winner. Anywhere.

That's why Obama would never do this. Because he's not insane.

How is Netanyahu a traitor? He's the PM of Israel - he's supposed to have their best interests at heart, not America's. I personally don't think what he's doing is in Israel's best interest either, but I hope you're not one of those people who think Israel is our de facto 51st state like AIPAC does.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 02:40:30 PM »

Those are separate issues, mostly because the West Bank does not include Iran. 

But, as long as there is a conflict over the West Bank, it's apparently open season to kill Jews and threaten mass genocide.  I guess that's the logic.  And, if you think Iran or any Arab country cares about the plight of the Palestinian people, you're incredibly naive. 

But, let's agree to disagree because this is not an issue that leads to productive rational discussion.

Why are those separate issues but somehow the Charlie Hebdo killings, the Gaza War, and Iran's tasteless but impotent "omg death to teh Jewz" rube-baiting are all evidence of Monolithic Islamism?

Those are separate issues.  Get a map, Israel does not border Iran.  

As for that Islamism comment, what are you referring to?  Are you making an analogy to something  I said or just a stupid idea in general?  I'm confused.

Number of Times Iran has Attacked Israel: Zero

And it's been over thirty years since their relations became denormalized. Israel has been crying wolf about nuclear Iran since at least the 1980s and has nothing to show for it.

What exactly are they defending themselves against then? What are they so upset about?

I assumed that Charlie Hebdo was what you referred to with your "open season" comment, and if that's what they're upset about, I still don't see how Iran has any relevance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies