A Feast for Crows Sign-up thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:48:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Feast for Crows Sign-up thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: A Feast for Crows Sign-up thread  (Read 12718 times)
leonardothered
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2019, 08:51:09 PM »

The operation was a success. Praise be to the Flying Spaghetti Monster..

All hail his lordship
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2019, 09:19:37 AM »

Okay, I think i should shre something that's been playing on my mind.

Look, I loved the most recent episode. People didn't. THat's the beauty of life. However, I made the mistake of posting I liked the episode somewhere else on the internet, which was a mistake. Because of it, I've received a lot of really awful messages. This ranges from "You can't call yourself a fan if you liked this s**t" to out-and-out death threats.

I can confirm that the messages came from no-one on here and that I have contacted the police in my area.

Regardless, I have to admit that it's kinda killed my love for everything GoT or ASOIAF related. And this is coming from someone who bought Fire and Blood on the first day it came out. From my point of view, it's the exact experience I had with The Last Jedi.

I can't really think of any other way to explain it other than it's just killed my joy for both the show and books.

I'm so sorry everyone.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2019, 10:06:21 AM »

Okay, I think i should shre something that's been playing on my mind.

Look, I loved the most recent episode. People didn't. THat's the beauty of life. However, I made the mistake of posting I liked the episode somewhere else on the internet, which was a mistake. Because of it, I've received a lot of really awful messages. This ranges from "You can't call yourself a fan if you liked this s**t" to out-and-out death threats.

I can confirm that the messages came from no-one on here and that I have contacted the police in my area.

Regardless, I have to admit that it's kinda killed my love for everything GoT or ASOIAF related. And this is coming from someone who bought Fire and Blood on the first day it came out. From my point of view, it's the exact experience I had with The Last Jedi.

I can't really think of any other way to explain it other than it's just killed my joy for both the show and books.

I'm so sorry everyone.

Honestly, it disgusts me when people act like that. I liked the Battle of Winterfell, too, but I can see how people wouldn't. I won't call them wrong or evil or uncultured or anything of that sort, and I would ask the same from them.

Did I think Arya had literally been knocked deaf in the scene where the wights were inexplicably just as quiet as she was, which would have been a cool way to show off her sensory deprivation training in the House of Black and White, only to find out she could hear just fine, which was kind of mixed feelings because of what I thought was going on? Yeah.

Do I think the Night King went down a bit too easily? Also yeah.

Do I feel like "killing the Night King not only destroys the wights, but also the other Walkers" was a wee bit too much of a cop-out? Also also yeah.

Do I think that the extended runtime could have been done away with by removing some scenes that just felt like padding? You can tell where this is going.

Do I think that anyone who still adores the episode in spite of those flaws deserves mistreatment or abuse? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

In my opinion, the hype train kind of overdid its job, resulting in people expecting an episode that could well top Blackwater, and we got an episode that didn't quite live up to that, and people lost their sh*t. Fine. Throw a fit. Call the directors, producers, whoever, idiots who don't know what they're doing and can't even recreate their former glory. But it is absolutely and unequivocally abhorrent to take out this anger in such a vile way as to actively threaten the lives of people who thought the episode, while not necessarily perfect (or even if they did think it was perfect), was still a good episode of Game of Thrones. I understand you disgust, and support you 100%.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2019, 10:44:39 AM »

I hate to respond with no effortpost, but could you clarify something? Is this GAME OVER, or what?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2019, 03:52:11 PM »

I hate to respond with no effortpost, but could you clarify something? Is this GAME OVER, or what?

No, not at all. You're great people and I'm trying to separate this as much as possible form the cesspit f the internet.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2019, 04:06:09 PM »

Oh goody! Had assumed it was over.

Btw gentle plea to avoid tv spoilers for season 8 if poss please? I am a working father to a huge and demanding babe and a bit behind!! Have skimmed as much as poss above but would be grateful if you all helped me out!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2019, 04:12:00 PM »

Btw gentle plea to avoid tv spoilers for season 8 if poss please? I am a working father to a huge and demanding babe and a bit behind!! Have skimmed as much as poss above but would be grateful if you all helped me out!

Yeah, of course.

THough I should add we're heading into some pretty spoiler-y territory with this at the moment.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2019, 04:24:37 PM »

Yeah, of course.

THough I should add we're heading into some pretty spoiler-y territory with this at the moment.

This looks like it will be far enough behind to render this alright
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2019, 04:43:15 PM »

Yeah, of course.

This looks like it will be far enough behind to render this alright

Eh, for the present.

I am processing the turn now.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2019, 07:09:35 PM »

Some people are just bad and judge others without even knowing them, there are people who found the episode bad and do not accept that others like and there are also people who did not like the episode and do not accept that other people like," fanatics "for lack of a better word and offend others with different opinions without real reason, my advice is to try to ignore these bad people as best you can, they are not worth it, but I am relieved that regardless of this, you are willing to continue the game GoTfan.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2019, 07:11:57 PM »

I personally didn't like the episode too much I felt like some of the scenes especially at the end were forced, there were some heartbreaking moments but how did they even get there? they were trapped in a room...
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2019, 08:46:10 PM »

I personally didn't like the episode too much I felt like some of the scenes especially at the end were forced, there were some heartbreaking moments but how did they even get there? they were trapped in a room...

That's fine. I don't have a problem with people who didn't like it. I do have a problem with people who act like you're not a fan of the show if you did like it, and people who decide that threats of death and violence are the appropriate response.

That is the crux of what I am saying.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2019, 07:14:07 PM »

nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

Ironically GOTfan I had the same thing happen to me for taking the opposite positions lol, apparently people really like Last Jedi
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2019, 07:44:17 PM »

Ironically GOTfan I had the same thing happen to me for taking the opposite positions lol, apparently people really like Last Jedi

I'm one of those people. I have no problem with people who didn't like it. My problem is that some people on both sides are going waaaaayyyyy too far.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2019, 12:15:42 AM »

I'm one of those people. I have no problem with people who didn't like it. My problem is that some people on both sides are going waaaaayyyyy too far.

GoTfan refuses to call out and disavow Targaryen supremacists!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2019, 12:18:10 AM »

GoTfan refuses to call out and disavow Targaryen supremacists!

I like burning my enemies to death.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2019, 08:24:15 AM »

Okay, everything else should be up tomorrow. Things have been very hectic here. Apologies everyone.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2019, 10:12:18 AM »

Okay, turn will be up in a few hours. I had two assignments to turn in, so obviously they took priority.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2019, 11:16:37 PM »

But whhhhhhy GOT, whhhhhhhhyyy
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2019, 05:58:31 AM »

Okay, I think this was inevitable. Our game has for all intents and purposes, overtaken the books. I will try to do the remaining story justice. There is of course a MAJOR plot point happening soon (you all know what i mean). I'm trying to piece together as realistic a scenario as I can as we progress forward.

However, I am essentially constructing a narrative that is entering Winds of Winter territory, so bear in mind that I endeavour to develop as plausible a scenario as I can using bits of information I can gather from theories I consider to be likely.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2019, 06:09:19 AM »

Ideally I’d love book spoilers not tv spoilers but I understand and don’t want to hold anything up for anyone else, will just try and ignore what might be from telly!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2019, 03:49:17 PM »

Busy until Friday, so I probably won’t send out any PMs or actions before Friday morning. Definitely gone all of Thursday and probably all of tomorrow. Sorry that this inconveniences you guys, but I can’t do too much about it. Please let me know once I get back if you need me to do something to make up for the time lost.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2019, 09:35:23 PM »

By the way, if anyone didn't guess  by now, Jon Snow is now playable
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2019, 07:55:13 AM »

Just waiting on final orders from a couple of people.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2019, 01:50:52 AM »

So now i'm receiving a similar level of vitriol for liking the most recent episode. You will excuse me if my impression of the fanbase has taken a pretty sharp drop.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies