Miss/Mrs./Ms. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:38:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Miss/Mrs./Ms. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is the appropriate form of address for a woman?
Miss for unmarried women/Mrs. for married women (unless they prefer otherwise)

Ms. for all women unless they prefer otherwise

other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Miss/Mrs./Ms.  (Read 8939 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 17, 2005, 10:15:30 PM »

I just use first names, period.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 11:03:35 AM »

I find dazzleman's first reply hilarious, and proof of how the anti-PC people are usually more militant than PC people. Sure, don't be politically correct if you don't want, but going out of your way to be un-PC is just stupid.

Much like how he throws a much bigger fit about the term "Native American" and insists that I say Indian when I only say "Native American" because I think it's retarded to associate them with actual Indians.

What I find most hilarious is his f'ucking asinine view that being PC means you love Islam, since everyone knows I'm such an Islam fan. Funny, I always thought I was PC just because I refused to use homophobic slurs as derogatory terms. Don't see what's wrong with that.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:22:45 AM »

I find dazzleman's first reply hilarious, and proof of how the anti-PC people are usually more militant than PC people. Sure, don't be politically correct if you don't want, but going out of your way to be un-PC is just stupid.

Much like how he throws a much bigger fit about the term "Native American" and insists that I say Indian when I only say "Native American" because I think it's retarded to associate them with actual Indians.

What I find most hilarious is his f'ucking asinine view that being PC means you love Islam, since everyone knows I'm such an Islam fan. Funny, I always thought I was PC just because I refused to use homophobic slurs as derogatory terms. Don't see what's wrong with that.

If you think anti-PC people are more militant than PC people, you live in an alternate universe.

And if you think being PC doesn't go beyond avoiding the use of anti-gay slurs (which I don't use either), then you have no clue about it.

Well then I'm not PC by your definition.

And I've never seen anyone throw a huge fit about the term "Indian" as you did about "Native American". Similarly you make it sound as if there are people out there who would lynch you for saying "black" instead of "African-American", despite the fact the NAACP calls itself the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (Colored basically being a synonym for black), not the NAAAA and the Black Panthers did not call themselves the African American Panthers. The only time I say African-American is to distinguish African-Americans who are the descendents of slaves (so no Richius, you are not African-American) from recent African immigrants to America (so no, I do not consider Obama to be African-American.) I say black every other time, and I have never once, including in my many times on DU, see anyone whine about the term black and insist I say African-American.

I have however much more times been taunted by idiots because of my refusal to say "gay" as an insult (such as "that's gay") or call people I don't like fags. So the anti-PC crowd is definately making the bigger fuss there.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 11:32:17 AM »

If you think anti-PC people are more militant than PC people, you live in an alternate universe.

And if you think being PC doesn't go beyond avoiding the use of anti-gay slurs (which I don't use either), then you have no clue about it.

Well then I'm not PC by your definition.

And I've never seen anyone throw a huge fit about the term "Indian" as you did about "Native American". Similarly you make it sound as if there are people out there who would lynch you for saying "black" instead of "African-American", despite the fact the NAACP calls itself the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (Colored basically being a synonym for black), not the NAAAA and the Black Panthers did not call themselves the African American Panthers. The only time I say African-American is to distinguish African-Americans who are the descendents of slaves (so no Richius, you are not African-American) from recent African immigrants to America (so no, I do not consider Obama to be African-American.) I say black every other time, and I have never once, including in my many times on DU, see anyone whine about the term black and insist I say African-American.

I have however much more times been taunted by idiots because of my refusal to say "gay" as an insult (such as "that's gay") or call people I don't like fags. So the anti-PC crowd is definately making the bigger fuss there.

Dude, I think you have WAY too much time on your hands.  I hope you have a 4.0 GPA because if you don't, you should be spending more time studying and less time worrying about what I think American Indians ought to be called.  Trust me, it's a much bigger issue for you than for me.

My only class today was canceled.

And I'm just proving my point. You anti-PCers whine far more than PCers.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 11:44:36 AM »

It sounds as if you have a very demanding schedule.

I'm only a part time student now.

And for the record, you haven't proven your point, if you're still worried about some stupid discussion about American Indians from a few months ago that I've forgotten about.

Except it's not PCness I care about. The main thing is you have whined more about PCness than anyone on this board has insisted people use PC terms, considering I have never seen that happen once, unless you count bashing Richius for his use of the racial slur "Paki"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 11:52:29 AM »

It sounds as if you have a very demanding schedule.

I'm only a part time student now.

And for the record, you haven't proven your point, if you're still worried about some stupid discussion about American Indians from a few months ago that I've forgotten about.

Except it's not PCness I care about. The main thing is you have whined more about PCness than anyone on this board has insisted people use PC terms, considering I have never seen that happen once, unless you count bashing Richius for his use of the racial slur "Paki"

yawn...this is more effective than a sleeping pill....

You still are unable to prove how PCers are more militant than anti-PCers.

Reminds me of your asinine and BS claim that I support Islam.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies