The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:10:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 18262 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: February 21, 2013, 11:57:16 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel

Special Election for Northeast Assembly Hotly Contested
By Furballz

President Napoleon had been elected to the Northeast Assembly but declined to take the seat as he was concurrently elected to the Senate in an upset that many consider a stunning political comeback for a President who ended his second term with shaky approval ratings. The already highly competitive Assembly election was to be followed by an equally impressive contest.

The non-candidates

Poirot: It's tough being an independent in a partisan nation and the highly respected Poirot fell just short of reelection as newcomer NHI was able to peel off enough supporters in a party-line vote. The popular center-right independent declined to run.

Cincinnatus: A titan of Northeastern politics, Cincinnatus has served in the Northeast Assembly many times, and would have been considered a favorite had he decided to run. Sitting this one out leaves the Sentinel wondering if the former Speaker has any future plans for office at all.

Goldwater: Goldwater, a long time Representative, declined to run for reelection as he focused on his bid for the Senate seat won by President Napoleon. Many expected him to carry the Federalist flag in the race but the respected Representative showed little interest.

Alfred Jones: Speaker Alfred Jones was mentioned by some as a potential candidate but these rumors were not picked up widely in most Northeastern political circles. Jones' future is currently unknown.

Meet the candidates

20RP12: Former Governor 20RP12 makes his first foray back into Northeastern politics in this election. His views have moderated and he recently changed his party affiliation to the The People's Party. He is running on his experience and his noteworthy work across party lines to accomplish major goals. He is best remembered by the Northeast for his work to renew the region from inactivity and his role in the Invaligate scandal that affected the June 2011 Northeast Senate race.

Bore: Representative Bore lost reelection narrowly. The contributing factors were a resurgent Liberal Party and a divided Labor Party that left Bore with less support than expected. Governor Scott appointed Bore to serve as an interim Representative in accordance with the Vacancy Mitigation Act signed by Governor Napoleon. Bore is known for his left wing views, though his politics are consistent with the mainstream of the region. He has been able to cooperate and collaborate with the centrist and right-leaning Representatives in previous legislative sessions.

Kalwejt: A member of the first Northeast Assembly, Kalwejt has a storied history in the region he recently returned to. Kalwejt has not held office since resigning from the Vice Presidency under President Napoleon. His grammar is bad, but that does not make him Dume. He's Polish or something like that. Kalwejt brings an enthusiasm to the race that only 20RP12 can compete with.

Matt from VT: A newcomer, Matt from VT begins his promising political career in this race. A member of the Federalist Party, he faces an uphill battle in the left-leaning Northeast but balances his fiscally conservative stances with socially moderate policies. Campaigning as a tax-cutter, Matt from VT would instantly develop rising star status within the Federalist Party if you pulls out a victory.

Sirnick: Sirnick, a former Representative and member of the region's largest party, enters the race as a surprising albeit slight favorite. While Senator Napoleon and other prominent Northeasterners have not made any endorsements, Sirnick has assembled a coalition strongly reminiscent of the voting block that fellow Liberal Napoleon has found success with.

The race

Polling by the now-defunct Snoop Lion Surveys, best known for absolutely nothing, shows a tie with interim Representative Bore and Sirnick tied at 33% each, with other candidates receiving varying levels of support. One notable former Speaker noted that "I've never been so conflicted for an Assembly vote." Newly elected Representative Fezzyfestoon tells the Sentinel that "I had decided on bore almost immediately, but this is gonna be harder than I thought." A Senate source for the Sentinel recalls a phone conversation he overheard: "I was in the bathroom washing my hands, with soap of course, and I overheard Senator Nix in one of the stalls. I don't know why he was on the phone in the stall, but he said he had a 'tough choice to make'." Senator Nix of the Northeast was unavailable for comment. Lieutenant Governor Spenstar 3D tells us "If I could pick anyone in Atlasia to work side-by-side with in my first days in Assembly, it would be Nick. We need his ideas in circulation." Sirnick's ideas include reforming education and increasing funding for the sciences and arts. The recently reelected Governor Scott, however, breaks party ranks to endorse his appointee Bore. Needless to say, this race will be one to keep our eyes on and could provide insight on the Keystone Phil effect.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:22:52 AM »

Correction: Kal served as Midwest Regional Kommisaer until December.
Boo! That doesn't allow my alter ego Furballz to reference myself!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:50:17 PM »

Yes.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 09:08:07 PM »

Wow, Tmth, you almost nailed the Senate vote! Proof that the Sentinel is Atlasia's best paper, right? Wink

*hopes Tmth doesn't realize i'm the one who made our paper wrong*
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 09:57:34 AM »

The Atlasian Sentinel

Rumors, Your Favorite
By Waldo

Governor Tmthforu to join major political party? Likely Liberal Party, or we'd see the word rejoin.

Snowfight? Snowball calls out Snowguy, Snowstalker yet to weigh in (was he snowed in?)

Kaljew spotted at last, said to have been on vacation "somewhere warm".

Seatown case dropped; bribery suspected.

Clarence, Senate candidate, heard telling donors: "every good Senate needs an old white man. This is nothing new." Who would've thought?

President Marokai secretly planning war with Eastern Poland? His silence is telling.

President's second GM nomination likely to be confirmed; one Senators asks: "Why didn't President Marokai nominate him in the first place?"

Sex scandal in the South: Alfred and some Vitter woman implicated; revenge said to be a factor.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 05:56:13 PM »

I hope this segment becomes a regular feature of the Sentinel.

As Atlasia's premier news media corporation and my best money laundering operation yet, the plan is to

Ha. I won't be finishing that sentence. Check the Sentinel often and you're likely to find something you want! Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 12:43:24 AM »

I'm just surprised that people didn't already know that this stuff was happening.
I think most knew, they just might not have known the magnitude of the situation. I knew he had been talking bad about me and a few others, but I didn't realize it was this bad.

I certainly didn't know.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 12:55:15 AM »

I guess it makes sense why he was so opposed to me running for Senate in February though. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 09:18:58 AM »

The Atlasian Sentinel

April Senate Election Tracker

More detailed counts will be provided as more results come in.

HagridoftheDeep: 9

Matt from VT: 4

Napoleon: 8

Kalwejt: 3

Alfred: 4

MaxQue: 6

Mr. X: 1

Poirot: 0
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 12:16:46 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2013, 05:08:08 PM by Senator Napoleon »

At Large Senate Update

Hagrid
: 14 Inks, Miles, Anton Kreitzer, Realisticidealist, Siloch, JerryArkansas, NHI, Pingvin, Cathcon, Jack Enderman, Sjoyce, Angus, dead0man, cinyc

Matt from VT
: 6 Maxwell, DC Al Fine, Spamage, Matt from VT, Oldiesfreak, SPC

Napoleon: 11 Dallasfan, Badgate, NVGonzalez, windjammer, Jbrase, Earthling, Tmthforu, Tender Branson, Spiral, Ebowed, 20RP12

Kalwejt: 5 Kalwejt, TDAS04,, Fuzzy, Scott, Hashemite

Mr. X: 1 a Person

MaxQue: 8 Averroes Nix, Californian Tony, Fritz, TNF, Ogre Mage, Nathan, Holmes, Thomas D

Alfred: 5 Alfred, Hawkeye, Drj, Wyodon, McGovern

Invalid: Freefair, Dkolroga
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 12:34:58 PM »

I don't know the exact numbers, but Matt has the most and Kal is 2nd. I'm on vacation, so I shouldn't even be spending time on this at all, but later on I'll do more detailed counts with second prefs and all that. Mr. X's voter transfers to Kal though, so Hagrd, MaxQue, Matt, Kal and me are "winning". Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »

Do we have any estimation on what the quota will be close to?

It was 20 in December, so 21 or 22 would be my best estimation. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 05:08:54 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2013, 07:24:31 PM by Senator Napoleon »

At Large Senate Update

Hagrid
: 14 Inks, Miles, Anton Kreitzer, Realisticidealist, Siloch, JerryArkansas, NHI, Pingvin, Cathcon, Jack Enderman, Sjoyce, Angus, dead0man, cinyc

Matt from VT
: 9 Maxwell, DC Al Fine, Spamage, Matt from VT, Oldiesfreak, SPC, Goldwater, Odysseus, Lumine Von Reuental

Napoleon: 12 Dallasfan, Badgate, NVGonzalez, windjammer, Jbrase, Earthling, Sbane, Tmthforu, Tender Branson, Spiral, Ebowed, 20RP12

Kalwejt: 5 Kalwejt, TDAS04, Fuzzy, Scott, Hashemite

Mr. X: 1 a Person

MaxQue: 8 Averroes Nix, Californian Tony, Fritz, TNF, Ogre Mage, Nathan, Holmes, Thomas D

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »

At Large Senate Update

Hagrid
: 18 Inks, Miles, Anton Kreitzer, Realisticidealist, Siloch, JerryArkansas, NHI, Pingvin, Cathcon, Jack Enderman, JCL, Master Jedi, Ghost of Tilden, Sjoyce, Angus, dead0man, cinyc, Homelycooking

Matt from VT
: 10 Maxwell, DC Al Fine, Spamage, Matt from VT, Oldiesfreak, SPC, Goldwater, Supersonic, Odysseus, Lumine Von Reuental

Napoleon: 13 Dallasfan, Badgate, NVGonzalez, windjammer, Jbrase, Earthling, Sbane, Tmthforu, Tender Branson, Spiral, Ebowed, 20RP12, Winfield

Kalwejt: 6 Kalwejt, TDAS04, Sir John Johns, Fuzzy, Scott, Hashemite

Mr. X: 4 a Person, Badger, Rejectamenta, Vosem

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 09:09:25 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 12:34:27 PM by Senator Napoleon »

At Large Senate Update

Hagrid
: 19 Inks, Miles, Anton Kreitzer, Realisticidealist, Siloch, JerryArkansas, NHI, Pingvin, Cathcon, Jack Enderman, JCL, Master Jedi, Ghost of Tilden, BMotley, Sjoyce, Angus, dead0man, cinyc, Homelycooking

Matt from VT
: 11 Maxwell, DC Al Fine, Spamage, Matt from VT, Oldiesfreak, SPC, Goldwater, Supersonic, Odysseus, Lumine Von Reuental, Torie

Napoleon: 14 Dallasfan, Badgate, NVGonzalez, windjammer, Jbrase, Earthling, Sbane, Tmthforu, Tender Branson, Spiral, Ebowed, 20RP12, Winfield, Solopop

Kalwejt: 8 Kalwejt, TDAS04, Sir John Johns, HPJ, Fuzzy, JulioMadrid, Scott, Hashemite

Mr. X: 7 a Person, Idaho Blue Dog, Ben, Badger, Rejectamenta, Superique, Vosem

MaxQue: 12 Averroes Nix, Californian Tony, Fritz, TNF, Ogre Mage, Nathan, Marokai Blue, Adam OABB, Holmes, Thomas D, Lewis Trondheim, ilikeverin

Alfred: 7 Alfred, Hawkeye, Drj, Wyodon, McGovern, bore, Snowstalker

Poirot: 1 shua

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 09:35:26 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 10:07:12 AM by Senator Napoleon »

Detailed count is in the works- Hagrid and Napoleon are elected on first ballot, Matt on second. MaxQue on the third with Alfred eliminated. Obviously none of these are final (except Hagrid- there is no way he can lose now)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 12:32:22 PM »

The Sentinel can project Senators HagridoftheDeep and Matt from VT have won reelection. Congratulations Senators.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 02:00:21 PM »

The Sentinel can project Senators HagridoftheDeep and Matt from VT have won reelection. Congratulations Senators.

Isn't Matt still in fourth place?

Hagrid has a huge surplus that carries over to Matt except two voters. Matt is in second place.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 07:38:51 PM »

How do you count the quota again?  If there are 4 slots, you divide the total votes cast not exhausted less one by 5 no?

Quota is [Number of votes/(Number of seats+1)]+1

There are five seats, so you divide by six and add 1?

Precisely. Any fraction is disregarded.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 07:47:17 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 07:52:42 PM by Senator Napoleon »

At Large Senate Update

Hagrid
: 21 Inks, Miles, Anton Kreitzer, Realisticidealist, Siloch, JerryArkansas, NHI, Pingvin, Cathcon, Jack Enderman, JCL, Master Jedi, Ghost of Tilden, BMotley, A-Bobibble, Sjoyce, Angus, dead0man, cinyc, Homelycooking

Matt from VT
: 11 Maxwell, DC Al Fine, Spamage, Matt from VT, Oldiesfreak, SPC, Goldwater, Supersonic, Odysseus, Lumine Von Reuental, Torie

Napoleon: 14 Dallasfan, Badgate, NVGonzalez, windjammer, Jbrase, Earthling, Sbane, Tmthforu, Tender Branson, Spiral, Ebowed, 20RP12, Winfield, Solopop

Kalwejt: 10 Kalwejt, TDAS04, Sir John Johns, HPJ, Napoleon, Clinton1996, Fuzzy, JulioMadrid, Scott, Hashemite

Mr. X: 10 a Person, Idaho Blue Dog, Ben, Badger, Rejectamenta, Superique, smoltchanov, Vosem, BluegrassBlueVote, MOPolitico

MaxQue: 13 Averroes Nix, Californian Tony, Fritz, TNF, Ogre Mage, Nathan, Marokai Blue, Adam OABB, New York Express, Holmes, Thomas D, Lewis Trondheim, ilikeverin

Alfred: 8 Alfred, Hawkeye, Drj, Wyodon, McGovern, bore, Snowstalker, Snowball

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 09:25:36 PM »

All of you- go away. You have five or six other threads with this garbage.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 09:38:02 PM »

Hey, if I was in the South already I would probably be the only ticket splitter. Regardless, you guys are seriously irritating as hell. Grin Anyway if the Federalists moved people around like opebo, Tweed, Sea town and Snow guy were I would like to know. I may not have been paying attention when it happened.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 11:19:25 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 11:21:14 PM by Senator Napoleon »

I'm not a carbon copy of Adam, Zanas or Seatown. I see that you, Hagrid, Jbrase, etcetera are pretty similar on the ideological compass.

Really? You should poll that and see if anyone else would agree. Smiley

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Registration figures and the people who come at the booths in election days are pretty eloquent. Operation Carpetbagger is a fact
[/quote]

I'd still like to see who these carpet-baggers are, so I can make sure I don't accidentally vote for one.

Am I a carpet-bagger?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 01:48:44 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2013, 02:17:33 AM by Senator Napoleon »

At Large Senate Update

Hagrid
: 22 Inks, Miles, Anton Kreitzer, Realisticidealist, Siloch, JerryArkansas, NHI, Pingvin, Cathcon, Jack Enderman, JCL, Master Jedi, Ghost of Tilden, BMotley, A-Bob, Ben Kenobi, Sjoyce, Angus, dead0man, cinyc, Homelycooking

Matt from VT
: 12 Maxwell, DC Al Fine, Spamage, Matt from VT, Oldiesfreak, SPC, Goldwater, Supersonic, TJ, Odysseus, Lumine Von Reuental, Torie

Napoleon: 16 Dallasfan, Badgate, NVGonzalez, windjammer, Jbrase, Earthling, Sbane, seanNJ9, Tmthforu, Siren, Tender Branson, Spiral, Ebowed, 20RP12, Winfield, Solopop

Kalwejt: 10 Kalwejt, TDAS04, Sir John Johns, HPJ, Napoleon, Clinton1996, Fuzzy, JulioMadrid, Scott, Hashemite

Mr. X: 10 a Person, Idaho Blue Dog, Ben, Badger, Rejectamenta, Superique, smoltchanov, Vosem, BluegrassBlueVote, MOPolitico

MaxQue: 14 Averroes Nix, Californian Tony, Fritz, TNF, Ogre Mage, Nathan, Marokai Blue, Adam OABB, New York Express, OAM, Holmes, Thomas D, Lewis Trondheim, ilikeverin

Alfred: 9 Alfred, Hawkeye, Drj, Wyodon, McGovern, bore, Snowstalker, Snowball, morgieb

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 01:53:06 AM »

To get back to the elections, does the Sentinel have party turnout percentages?

Thank you for the relevant post!

Light Party 7/9 78%

Labor Party 22/47 47%

Liberal Party 20/41 49%

Federalist Party 28/49 57%
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies