Persepolis for Mideast Senate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:35:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Persepolis for Mideast Senate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Persepolis for Mideast Senate  (Read 5987 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: May 14, 2009, 05:32:41 PM »

Two questions:

1.) When you say "flat tax", you do mean a percentage of income, right? And not a certain amount of dollars, I hope!

2.) I'm kind of curious about your sceptical views on free trade. Would you disagree that restricting trade in an effort to "save jobs" would lead to a massive increase of prices because things that are currently cheaply imported would be much more expensive to produce in this country? And if that were the consequence, wouldn't that just further weaken the economy by lowering the average purchasing power?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »

Why are you running for Senate?  What is wrong with the job HappyWarrior has been doing?

I believe that HappyWarrior has done an excellent job as a Senator, in the most literal sense of the word. He has fulfilled his duties well, and was an excellent PPT. However, I believe that he supports many policies that I do not. I don't think the policies he supports are in the best interests of Atlasia, and I believe I can represent the needs of the people.

What policies have I stood for which are not in Atlasia's best interest?

You voted Aye to table the Income Tax Fairness Law, which at least deserved some debate. You can't just say we will not discuss something because you, personally, stand against it. Every idea merits debate, and that one certainly does. As PPT, you need to represent the people fairly, and shooting down a bill like that certainly isn't. In fact, I think it would be in Atlasia's best interests for the original bill to pass. However, the fact that you voted to table the bill really makes me feel you aren't moving toward a better Atlasia.

Things are tabled all the time.  If people don't think a bill is worth discussing and wasting time on they can move on to more important matters.

Yes, but you can't base your judgement on whether a bill is tabled or not on polical standing. Every legitimate bill merits debate.

I kind of agree. Every bill deserves the chance to be introduced, but if a supermajority decides from the very beginning that it's not worth pursuing, I don't see a problem with that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies