Jim Gilmore will run for president; formal announcement to come 1st week of Aug. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:33:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jim Gilmore will run for president; formal announcement to come 1st week of Aug. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jim Gilmore will run for president; formal announcement to come 1st week of Aug.  (Read 3705 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« on: July 07, 2015, 08:59:36 PM »

There are really only four candidates for President at this point: GOP front-runner Jeb Bush and his main rival, Scott Walker. Then, there is Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and her main rival, Bernie Sanders. The rest of this field is a joke, a bunch of egomaniacs who can't help themselves like kids in a candy store.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2015, 04:25:19 PM by dudeabides »

There are really only four candidates for President at this point: GOP front-runner Jeb Bush and his main rival, Scott Walker. Then, there is Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and her main rival, Bernie Sanders. The rest of this field is a joke, a bunch of egomaniacs who can't help themselves like kids in a candy store.

With the Democratic side I agree, with the Republican side I cannot confidently rule out a Rubio, Carson, Paul, Cruz, or Huckabee nomination. If one of Bush/Walker/Rubio implodes, there could be a big bounce for Kasich, Perry, or Christie.

Paul will come in 3rd with his father's followers, but there is no way he will be nominated. If Bush or Walker were to implode, Rubio would be helped, but the likelihood of Bush not being the nominee are slim to none. Christie has no chance, he's too liberal, and Perry ruined himself with that awful 2012 run.

Walker is a bigger egomaniac than almost all the other GOP candidates in fact.

Walker won't be nominated, but he's Bush's strongest opponent based on his record and his position on issues, along with the fact that he can actually govern and is not crazy contrary to Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, and Donald Dump.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »

Christie's antics are not too liberal, besides, when all comes to all, Trump is probably more liberal than Christie is. Just because Trump says that all immigrants are rapists or than Obama was definitely not born in the US, doesn't actually equate that he actually thinks so himself. He's smart enough to use the tea party energy to lift him up, though unlike Cruz, he's not stupid enough to actually let himself brainwash by all their garbage. Trump used to be a Democrat, and I still think he's a moderate, if you shave off all that nasty rhetoric of his. But will Republican voters actually realize this before it's too late? I'm not so sure. If The Donald were to reach the general, he would most probably shake off all his awful right wing rhetoric, at least most of it.

Trump is the most liberal candidate running on the Republican side, he's a protectionist who once championed a wealth tax and socialized medicine. But, Chris Christie's a big government Republican who expanded medicaid under Obamacare, supported tax breaks for a off-shore wind farm, and has presided over record corporate welfare.

Trump will fade, last time Perry, Bachman, and Cain all had similar polling numbers and it was ultimately a race between Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 09:16:19 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2015, 09:18:24 PM by dudeabides »

Christie's antics are not too liberal, besides, when all comes to all, Trump is probably more liberal than Christie is. Just because Trump says that all immigrants are rapists or than Obama was definitely not born in the US, doesn't actually equate that he actually thinks so himself. He's smart enough to use the tea party energy to lift him up, though unlike Cruz, he's not stupid enough to actually let himself brainwash by all their garbage. Trump used to be a Democrat, and I still think he's a moderate, if you shave off all that nasty rhetoric of his. But will Republican voters actually realize this before it's too late? I'm not so sure. If The Donald were to reach the general, he would most probably shake off all his awful right wing rhetoric, at least most of it.

Trump is the most liberal candidate running on the Republican side, he's a protectionist who once championed a wealth tax and socialized medicine. But, Chris Christie's a big government Republican who expanded medicaid under Obamacare, supported tax breaks for a off-shore wind farm, and has presided over record corporate welfare.

Trump will fade, last time Perry, Bachman, and Cain all had similar polling numbers and it was ultimately a race between Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum.

Why is supporting tax breaks for an off-shore wind farm worse than what 99.99% of Republican politicians love to do, namely give enormous tax breaks to huge oil, gas and coal companies? Just because it doesn't contribute to global warming, it's officially morally wrong from a conservative point of view? Colour me surprised.

I never said I supported tax subsidies for big oil etc.

President Obama and Chris Christie agree on tax breaks for wind, corporate welfare, medicaid expansions, and throwing more money at expensive failing schools. Christie should run as a Democrat against Hillary Clinton and seek Obama's endorsement, he'd probably get it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies