Once more, gun control opponents... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:25:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Once more, gun control opponents... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Once more, gun control opponents...  (Read 15575 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: June 20, 2015, 05:49:00 AM »

Can't we all agree that it will be largely impossible to restrict gun ownership and there are probably better things to spend political capital on; while simultaneously agreeing that if you own guns you're probably a creepy psycho?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 06:15:47 AM »

It's good to see the gun control side hasn't started using insults to people that disagree with them.  I know it can be hard not to what with the facts and such not being on your side.

Whatever. I don't  really care about the "debate" and dont think gun control will be at all useful in the US, but that doesn't mean I have to think that people who own guns in the developed world (and aren't a farmer) are sane, well-adjusted people.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 07:01:36 AM »

It's good to see the gun control side hasn't started using insults to people that disagree with them.  I know it can be hard not to what with the facts and such not being on your side.

Whatever. I don't  really care about the "debate" and dont think gun control will be at all useful in the US, but that doesn't mean I have to think that people who own guns in the developed world (and aren't a farmer) are sane, well-adjusted people.
Do you actually know anybody that owns a gun?  Is he/she a "creepy psycho"?  I know lots of people with guns, and only a small percentage are creepy psychos.

Though I do understand the desire to demonize people with hobbies you don't understand....wait no, I don't.

No, I don't live in the countryside.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 11:41:43 AM »

Has anybody read that study where they showed capital punishment supporters and opponents various doctored pieces of data, and simply showed that everybody vociferously attacked any data opposing their POV, while accepting wholesale supportive evidence?

The gun control debate is like that. Because both sides start from emotional basis, the stats are largely irrelevant. both sides argue at cross purposes so we get ridiculous threads like this one.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »

It's silliness like this that makes me glad we never wrote down our constitution
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 09:51:35 AM »

Hunters in this country is soley the preserve of rich creeps and decayed aristocrats. It feels weird that the working-class do it in Murica.

(And yes, bragging about killing animals as if it's a particularly impressive and physically demanding activity is indeed laughable)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 09:08:24 AM »

I know if I was in a potentially risky situation there's nothing my id would rather do than get out some cool gun and be a total badass, diffusing the situation and maybe capping it off with an awesome one-liner.

Unfortunately, I'm not ten or demented so I don't let my id control me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies