Virginia megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:07:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would Democrats be driving Northam from office for his Yearbook Page if the Lt. Gov was a Republican?
Yes, of course, they're Massive FFs

No, of course; they're not going to let a Republican undo what they've accomplished.

They'd be deeply divided on the issue.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Virginia megathread  (Read 69333 times)
UncleSam

« on: February 04, 2019, 12:14:27 PM »

Sorry so just to be clear if it is uncorroborated against Fairfax it’s a non-story but if it’s uncorroborated against Kavanaugh we all get to call him a rapist and destroy his life, right?

Just wanted to make sure I understood Atlas’ position clearly rofl. What a bunch of partisan hack hypocrites.

To be clear, I do not think Fairfax should resign over this.
UncleSam

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:36:05 PM »

Sorry so just to be clear if it is uncorroborated against Fairfax it’s a non-story but if it’s uncorroborated against Kavanaugh we all get to call him a rapist and destroy his life, right?

Where "uncorroborated" = documented and described years before to others, who documented the conversations, and "destroy his life" = give him a lifetime seat to the Supreme Court on an almost party-line vote despite rampant perjury... cry me a river, Uncle Sam.
un·cor·rob·o·rat·ed
adjective: uncorroborated
not confirmed or supported by other evidence or information.
"the unreliability of uncorroborated confessions"

What part of this is difficult to understand. Uncorroborated has a precise meaning and Blasey-Ford's testimony is literally exactly that definition. It is unsupported by any external evidence. Repeating the same story over time does not make an uncorroborated story a corroborated one. It does make it more believable.

Uncorroborated does not mean false. Uncorroborated doesn't even mean unbelievable.

It does mean that we can't take it at face value, at least in my opinion. I am applying this view consistently to Fairfax, and believe that he should not resign over this uncorroborated allegation.

I was, however, noting the rampant partisan hypocrisy on this forum with regard to the proper response to uncorroborated allegations.

And Democrats absolutely tried to destroy his life. That they failed, as you noted, on a party-line vote does not make it less of a hypocritical stance to take when it comes to Fairfax.
UncleSam

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 07:07:27 PM »

If African Americans believe by 20% that he should not step down then that's pretty much the ballgame - he isn't stepping down if he has 60% of the black community on his side over this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies