2013 August At-Large Senate Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 08:08:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2013 August At-Large Senate Debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2013 August At-Large Senate Debate  (Read 1111 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »

Let's put it this way: The Senate needs leaders that are dedicated to the best of Atlasia, every day working diligently to put people, not their own interests, on top. I will make this pledge, If you feel as if I am not doing the job you people sent me here to do (through approval ratings or messages and such), I will not be running for a second term. Simple as that. I want full honesty about my performance, and most importantly, I will want to hear from each and every one of you, because I believe the Senate needs more participation from those not within its chambers. It's not healthy for the general public not to be aware of the Senate's doing, and I think everyone is to blame for that.

I think dedication, alone, is half of the battle in the Senate, and the rest is the issues. I will fight on behalf of those wanting our government to run efficiently and effectively to do the deeds of the people. That means adjusting healthy reform so that it is more cost effective, so we don't transfer costs to our children, that means fixing regulations so that they don't hurt our small businesses, that means protecting our national parks. It means a lot, and as a Senator, I will work wholeheartedly on those issues. I think Atlasia should elect me Senator because I have the experience, as a two term Governor of the formerly crumbled Midwest, and skills to be Senator.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 12:19:43 AM »

Well, I want to once again thank Scott for hosting this debate, those of my opponents who chose to participate, and The People for reading it. Hopefully this debate helped clear up the candidates' positions and made for an easier voting decision this upcoming weekend.

Whether it be as President, Governor, or something else, I've always been an active Atlasian, and first and foremost, I pledge that I will actively serve my term if elected, something we haven't seen enough of recently. I pledge to be an open-minded Senator, one ready to work with whoever to get the job done. I pledge to fight for fiscal responsibility and to create a better relationship between the federal and regional governments.

We have big issues facing Atlasia today, from game reform to our economic state. I have the experience to jump right into the Senate and get to work, and am ready to find ways to make Atlasia more enjoyable for us all. I ask that you please give me a high preference in the upcoming election - together, we can do great things in Atlasia.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies