Poll may sway McCaskill into challenging Talent (MO).
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 05:01:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Poll may sway McCaskill into challenging Talent (MO).
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poll may sway McCaskill into challenging Talent (MO).  (Read 1129 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2005, 02:38:46 PM »

From Roll Call:

Attempting to reinvigorate their sluggish recruitment efforts in the Missouri Senate race, Democrats recently commissioned a poll aimed at luring a top-tier candidate into a challenge to Sen. Jim Talent (R).

The survey, which was conducted by Paul Harstad for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, showed the freshman Senator with considerable vulnerability - especially if Democrats can entice state Auditor Claire McCaskill into the contest.

McCaskill, who narrowly lost a bid for governor in 2004, is being heavily pressured to make the race by influential state and national operatives and did agree to have her name included in the poll, according to informed sources.

McCaskill and Talent were tied at 43 percent in the Harstad survey.

According to the Harstad survey, 36 percent of those tested would vote to re-elect Talent, 34 percent preferred someone else and 30 percent were undecided.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 03:31:40 PM »

As I've said numerous times, I really like her and hope that she can win.  I would probably donate $ to her.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 05:18:29 PM »

Poll sounds a little fishy to me considering what it's purpose is.  But it does make the point that Talent is not invincible if he draws a decent opponent.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies