Huckabee to hold fundraiser in West Bank settlement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:29:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Huckabee to hold fundraiser in West Bank settlement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huckabee to hold fundraiser in West Bank settlement  (Read 2335 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« on: August 18, 2015, 04:28:36 PM »

As a person with Palestinian ancestry, this PISSES me off to no end, those settlements are illegal and the fact that Huckabee is holding a fundraiser in an ILLEGAL settlement does nothing but show an uneducated mentality, I am glad he will NEVER be President.

Unfortunately for you, all Republicans and a lot of Democrats support Israel's "right" to settle that land.

No, not all.  He doesn't and I don't along with others like Ron Paul.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 04:59:38 PM »

As a person with Palestinian ancestry, this PISSES me off to no end, those settlements are illegal and the fact that Huckabee is holding a fundraiser in an ILLEGAL settlement does nothing but show an uneducated mentality, I am glad he will NEVER be President.

First of all, the settlements are not illegal. It's Israel, they can do whatever they want on THEIR LAND. Pick up a history book, or read something online, the palestinians have absolutely no right to the land, Israel has been beyond generous to have given them land in the past and yet, Israelis are still victims of palestinian terrorism. Anyone who claims otherwise is just dumb/ignorant.

However, I have a fundamental issue with an American presidential candidate doing fundraising on foreign soil, I'm not sure how that's even legal. We Republicans were critical of Bill Clinton/DNC for accepting foreign donations, be it from China, in 1996. Furthermore, I'm with George Bush 41 who was critical of Bill Clinton for going overseas during Vietnam to protest the war - I believe this Iran deal is disastrous, but I wouldn't go to foreign soil and criticize it.

The British promised the Jews some of the land and the Arabs some of the land.  What is so hard to understand about some of the land belonging to Arabs?
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 05:02:21 PM »

Even Israel doesn't claim it's THEIR LAND.

Yeah, Huckabee is going after a very narrow segment of evangelicals who he thinks will make this their flagship issue. Even a standard-issue AIPAC neoconservative isn't going to go to bat over a far-flung settlement like this one and go about it in such a blatantly pandering way.

Huckabee's "ole time religion" bona fides are his only distinguishing advantage. Everything else he's selling can be better had from one of the other candidates.

Mike Huckabee: Defender of Embryos and Revisionist Zionists.

Evangelicals are slowly turning away from reflexive support of everything Israel does.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 07:58:17 AM »

I love when right wing hacks find out that not all Palestinians are evil Muslims

Exactly! This is what I can't stand about evangelicals and neocons. There were MANY Palestinian Christian villages scattered all across the area. Most Palestinians living in this country are CHRISTIAN. Some people are very uneducated and think all Palestinians are Muslims, when worldwide it's 15-25% Christian maybe even higher than that.

To be fair, Huckabee's view on Israel/Palestine among Evangelicals seems to mostly be an American thing.  And in the US, Evangelicals are slowly beginning to sympathize with the plight of the Palestinian people as they learn about the situation there or watch documentaries like With God on Our Side.  I used to be a fanatical defender of Israel as I read more about the settlements my opinions began to change.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies