Napolitano is Homeland Security Secretary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:47:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Napolitano is Homeland Security Secretary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Napolitano is Homeland Security Secretary  (Read 6281 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: November 20, 2008, 12:59:30 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks that Obama may not necessarily have huge personal interest in massive Dem margins (or the Democratic Party might not, for that matter) -- especially in gubernatorial seats?

No. You are not. In fact, I suspect the  prospect depresses him. Something more balanced gives Obama a lot more running room. Obama needs to leash the left of his party, and keeping things more balanced facilitates that. As a wild guess, I suspect Obama is fundamentally centrist in his instincts. That at least is the leitmotif of the cautious lawyer. Trust me.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 02:45:20 PM »

Obama needs to leash the left of his party, and keeping things more balanced facilitates that. As a wild guess, I suspect Obama is fundamentally centrist in his instincts.

Actually, and excuse me for saying so, nothing could be more obvious.  Obama's every word and deed have, throughout his career, been that of a typical center-right Democrat. 

Alas, this bodes terribly badly for the Depression economy...

Well I never claimed to be a seer who sees that which eludes lesser beings. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies