Pakistan military leaders to troops "kill the invaders" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:50:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Pakistan military leaders to troops "kill the invaders" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pakistan military leaders to troops "kill the invaders"  (Read 2042 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 12, 2008, 11:36:31 PM »

..and they ain't talkin' 'bout the Taliban.

link
You must be logged in to read this quote.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:44:24 PM »

If they could do their damn job we wouldn't need to be there to stir up the insects.  And how the hell do they think they're going to kill well trained Americans when they can't even kill a bunch of dogs hiding in rocks?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 06:41:02 PM »

The problem has to do with the Pakistani military’s inability or unwillingness to take action against militants within its border.

Now, one may ask: Was it a violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty to conduct this raid? The answer is: Yes. The next question is: Were The United States justified? The answer is: Yes.

When elements within one country are conducting attacking against another state or its interests, the attacked state has the right to respond, by force if necessary. If, after so many years of threatening and cajoling and persuading Pakistani forces to take action against militants to end their incursions into Afghanistan, the state that has sovereignty does not cease and desist such acts (or cause them to stop), the attacking state may be attacked as retaliation, to take out offending elements, or as an invasion. This occurred, I hope people will remember, between Turkey and Iraq where the offending elements were Kurdish terrorists and the offended party was the state of Turkey. Although a violation of Iraq’s sovereignty, Turkey was within its rights to respond as it did.
I totally agree.  If nation A can not stop the asshats in their own country from attacking nation B, then nation B has EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD to "invade" nation A and take care of business.

Like here
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 04:01:02 PM »

I am sick and tired of our military (brave and honorable as they are, individually) "punishing" the wrong people.  Now, we are finally going after the right ones.
Don't forget the military doesn't pick where we go fight, we let the American people do that by electing idiots.  We just do a DAMNED good job of it when we're allowed to.  Just stop asking us to do things we aren't designed to do like policing Mesopotamia.  If we are going to continue playing world police we need to establish a new branch of the military that is designed from the ground up as a police force.  The Army and Marines are not designed to do that and giving them that mission has proven to be a horrible idea.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 12:52:44 AM »

link
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Like I said earlier:
I totally agree.  If nation A can not stop the asshats in their own country from attacking nation B, then nation B has EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD to "invade" nation A and take care of business.

Like here
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies