Voting System Reform Commission (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:17:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Voting System Reform Commission (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voting System Reform Commission  (Read 7134 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« on: August 02, 2005, 09:27:20 AM »

I would like to nominate Emsworth because of his great leadership and organization skills in the Senate.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 01:28:08 PM »

Excuse me but I believe that I was put on that commission after MHS gave his position to me. If this was not legal or could not happen then please say so but otherwise I believe he gave up his spot so that I could be on the commission.
Sorry; that was just an error on my part.

I nominate Peter Bell to be Chairman.

In that case, I withdraw my nomination.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 07:56:45 AM »

I believe once we have established what voting by public post is we should call the other two justices to ensure that anything we produce will not be overturned.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 08:15:34 AM »

Should we use a different board for this, or just this thread?  Also, should we ban all others from typing in this thread to make it easier to read?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 09:54:05 AM »

So, according to Emsworth's ideas, we cannot have secret voting becaue it will be unconstitutional.  Perhaps we should rally behind a constitutional amendment to go with the bill we will propose.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 01:49:35 PM »

1. The requirement that elections to the Senate and the Presidency be by public post is repealed.
2. Under no circumstances shall a polling method which allows a person to anonymously vote be used in any election or vote mandated under this Constitution. This clause shall not be construed to require that a person's vote is publicly disclosed to all citizens.
3. This Amendment shall only become operative if ratified within one calendar year from the date of its submission to the Regions by the Senate.
The Amendment's language seems acceptable to me. I see no problem with the wording, which is quite clear.

Agreed.

Looks ok to me too.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 09:37:22 PM »

I am currently undecided on secret voting, but leaning towards supporting it.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 11:03:09 AM »

For who should be on the commission, I have a new idea.  With the AFCJ, PPT, SoFA, etc. . ., I think we should have the leader of each party.  We know that the leaders of the parties would not work in unison to try to change the results.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 04:41:03 PM »

For who should be on the commission, I have a new idea.  With the AFCJ, PPT, SoFA, etc. . ., I think we should have the leader of each party.  We know that the leaders of the parties would not work in unison to try to change the results.

Party leaders are so often also holding other offices:

ILP - Emsworth - VP
CUP - Sam Spade - Senator
FLP - Al - AG
ACA - MasterJedi - Senator

The only other major party chair left is John Ford, who under the all citizens proposal could simply volunteer anyway.

Could we possibly have one non-officing member of each major party in Atlasia?  Or each Presidential candidate could appoint one representative to count votes.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 05:04:37 PM »

Could we possibly have one non-officing member of each major party in Atlasia?  Or each Presidential candidate could appoint one representative to count votes.
But then, what if the candidate appoints a non-serious or non-cooperative poster? For instance, what if Jesus decides to run and appoint opebo?

Also, this would give us a committee of perhaps ten members; to expect all of whom to meet at midnight on the relevant day would not be reasonable.

Well, what about party representatives?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 10:48:06 AM »

How should this be achieved, by email or PM?

If we have them PM, it automatically e-mails the person, so I don't think that part really matters.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think this would be a very good idea.  That way, the commission could not only check the people who voted with each other, but with tthis register.

No, I think it should highly suggested they sign the register, but they should not be disqualified for not signing it. 

I have a different idea for the register however.  In addition to having the voters sign a register, each person on the commission should maintain a register of who voted.  This would make sure the commisssion members could easily check to make they have received the same votes.

This is a no-brainer.  Of course.  This may be a confusing process, especially the first time it's done.  The SoFA should write up all the laws and explain them for the voters.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 04:31:56 PM »

I agree with the report.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies