October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:04:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results  (Read 19743 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: December 05, 2017, 01:03:37 PM »

Very rude vote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 01:09:02 PM »

Not really my business, but let me say my little piece anyway.

It's true, Oakvale is a huge dick. However, in order to keep this game realistic, we need huge dicks as him to participate. Each party needs somebody like him as well. Furthermore, I'm in extreme disagreement with Oakvale regarding the GM issue, but having it as a ground for expulsion is... weird.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 04:56:39 PM »

I honestly can't help but consider reasons provided for Oakvale's expulsion as, well, weird.

I've been in absolute disagreement with him over the GM issue, but I must it to him, he's pretty consistent. Opposing a nominee on the ground you oppose the existence of the post is not an unprecedented thing in politics. Unless the party were to enforce voting discipline on this, it's just his opinion he's entitled to. The party of course have a right not to endorse his candidacy in the light of overall ideological differences, but this is still not a ground for expulsion.

I know, I know, it's not my party, but I'm worried about setting a dangerous precedent for all parties.

I am still very conflicted on this vote, as I want to keep the Federalist Party inclusive of various viewpoints. I would’ve abstained from my vote, but I promised Leinad that I would vote aye.

Really? Is that a proper way to determine how one should exercise their voting right as a member?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies