October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 03:11:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Author Topic: October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results  (Read 19826 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: January 24, 2018, 12:16:06 PM »

With the caveat that I intend to support Fhtagn's re-election bid Winfield has an obvious point that it seems strange for us to continue on as normal after our standard bearer abruptly left the party.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #351 on: January 24, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »

I generally find that worst decisions in this game, and the ones most regretted, are those made in the immediate aftermath of an event.

I would like to say that I am truly sorry for the large amount of shame and pain that I have brought unto this party, and I promise to do my very best to reform and be much more thoughtful about my posts from here on out. A more detailed apology can be found here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=282806.msg6020321#new

Once again, I am truly sorry.

I am generally in favor of giving second chances and therefore I accept your apology and trust that you truly will make a serious effort in this regard.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #352 on: January 24, 2018, 12:49:39 PM »

Friends,

I wish to apply for readmission to the Federalist Party as a full member in good standing.

I have been elected to Congress as a Federalist by the people of Atlasia and sit in that chamber as a member of the party. I will, God willing, soon be serving in the Cabinet of a Federalist president, whom I campaigned for and voted for in the last election.

In addition to these imperatives, I furthermore believe that there is reason to believe that the expulsion of political party members may, under current statute, be unconstitutional.

Let us turn the page on an unfortunate chapter in our history.

It came to my attention at too late a stage that there is no law providing for political parties to be able to expel their members. For my part as someone who supported the expulsion effort, I view it as null and void in light of this fact. That is, while it is not my determination to make, I am of the opinion that you should still legally count as a full member in good standing.

This was how I viewed it (and iirc, Yankee saw it this way too).

Yes and I would think that his reregistration would have eliminated any doubt since there are no provisions in the bylaws or statute on this matter.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #353 on: January 24, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »

In which case I believe the new Federalist Presidential candidate would pick a new Vice Presidential candidate.

Losing PiT as VP would be perhaps the least desirable thing possible and major loss to the functioning of Congress, for which an active VP is now an indispensable reality.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #354 on: January 24, 2018, 12:54:13 PM »

With the caveat that I intend to support Fhtagn's re-election bid Winfield has an obvious point that it seems strange for us to continue on as normal after our standard bearer abruptly left the party.

Well to the extent that "Continue as normal" implies every month having a similar inner party confrontation that leads to one or more people leaving and many others within the party having a bitter taste in their mouths for it, I would completely agree. That has to end and it is going to end.

It is my hope that as a party we can make changes necessary to earn back at least some of the people who have been estranged by these confrontations.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies