Raise taxes on the rich (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:50:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Raise taxes on the rich (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Raise taxes on the rich  (Read 7130 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« on: August 11, 2009, 12:29:05 AM »

If all of the rich were like Richius, I'd be a Stalinist.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 11:23:56 PM »

If all of the rich were like Richius, I'd be a Stalinist.
Every person has a right to pay the least amount of tax they are legally required to pay.  Why volunteer more?  I never encourage clients to do illegal acts, and I'd say most don't.  But you can bet your left nut I won't let anyone pay more than 15% tax; it is simply not acceptable.
No. Being a selfish dickwad gains no sympathy from me. People like you undermine the whole system because you hate the poor and minorities with a sickening passion regardless of the fact that paying the amount of taxes you owe the government wouldn't change your standard of living noticeably. Whatever, you are a fucking psychopath and overall one asshole of a person so your philosophy on the tax code does not concern me.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:28:04 PM »

So glad to see you doing nice things for the world Mein Fuhrer. Are you going to donate to programs focusing on sterilizing the mentally ill and poor too?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 11:35:50 PM »

So glad to see you doing nice things for the world Mein Fuhrer. Are you going to donate to programs focusing on sterilizing the mentally ill and poor too?
I don't see why not.  Health care should be free, right?  Or do you disagree?
Yeah, but doing it for the sake of wanting to kill black people disgusts me.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:40:40 PM »

I don't want to pay taxes because the government WASTES so much of it.  Where the hell would you like me to start?  TARP?  Stimulus package?  Cash for clunkers?  Foreign wars of irrelevance?  Wars on concepts such as terror and drugs?  It is all BULLsh**t.

In Canada it is even worse.  I don't use the public health care system because it is sh**t.  Our roads are sh**t.  Public services are sh**t.  We have no army to speak of.  Why in the hell should MORE than 70% of what I work for go to the government?  They just waste waste waste and waste.

I have no interest in subsidizing this bullsh**t stimulus both countries passed.  All it does is to make the real elite, those borrowers of first instance (and thus borrow at the cheapest rate), richer.
Your point is? Just because you disagree with the government and disagree where the tax money is going does not give you the authority to throw a temper tantrum like a three year old and refuse to obey the laws. If you don't like the laws in your country, essentially determined by the people, move somewhere else. Besides you have got to be a huge dick butt to think that not paying taxes to the government is going to help public services and roads.

Anyways I don't sympathize with you one bit. Pay your damn taxes and watch the economy recover.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 11:42:27 PM »

Yeah, but doing it for the sake of wanting to kill black people disgusts me.
That's OK, the eventual result is the same: fewer babies born to minorities and poor people.  We just do it for different reasons.

Donate to Planned Parenthood.  It is tax deductible.
No because I support legalizing abortion and making them free first trimester to whites too. You support banning abortion for 80% of the population. The difference is there.

I don't really care much about abortion anyways.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 04:28:53 PM »

Raising taxes on the rich is absolutely necessary in countries where the inequalities raise a monstruous proportion as the USA. In countries who already have a solid welfare state, the only thing to do is not to lessen them ( as our dear Sarko did... ).

Thanks for this very intelligent and developped argument that makes me understand better your opinion.

Ah, Antonio, he's just a typical representative of the american working class - they don't know any better.  Strangely enough.

Antonio, when was the last time a poor employed anyone?  If the rich are taxed too much guess who they get rid of to pay the tax and stay rich..........YOU.  And if they dont buy stuff that rich peoople buy, who gets laid off.........YOU.
You really don't make any sense here. Look at this article and please try to explain to me how low taxes on the rich solved any problems for America:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/14/income-inequality-is-at-a_n_259516.html
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 06:10:37 PM »

Mr. Richguy4 is a mafia don.  He makes money from a variety of sources (smuggling, prostitution, drug merchandising, as well as tax evasion).   Since he will do it anyway, we might as well let him get away with it.

Mr. Richguy5 is a bank robber.  He takes money from banks.  He also does not pay taxes.  Since he commits illegal acts, that means that we should just let him get away with it.

Perhaps you'd like it better in Somalia, where there are no wasteful government programs, no taxes, no laws - it sounds like a real libertarian paradise.
Richius hates blacks and is bi.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 10:10:30 PM »

Does anyone who supports the "tax the rich" mantra have a real job and family responsibilities?
Basically everyone who supports the "tax the rich" idea has a real job and family responsibilities.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 08:04:29 PM »

Does anyone who supports the "tax the rich" mantra have a real job and family responsibilities?

Contrary to conservative belief... you are not the only one paying taxes.

My sister is a mother who works 2 jobs to make ends meet.  Her jobs don't offer medical insurance, so she has none.  Her child has had medical assistance on and off, but they keep cutting it off and then she has to go through the whole application process again just to find out that her child was always eligible.  But that doesn't stop the bills from racking up.

She owes about $2500 in medical bills because she cut herself really bad last winter and had to go to the hospital in the ambulance.

Should she just go out and get a 3rd and 4th job when you cut her state support off (she had WIC and medical assistance for her son)?

Should she just not take her kid to the doctor?

All so the "rich guy" signing her paychecks (actually more like middle class small business owner) can get that extra yacht.  Poor rich guy.

Please offer a solution.  Without any kind of welfare of course, since that's what you're proposing.

Or should we consider my mom who suffered a debilitating stroke after her surgeon cut open a hernia that spread infection into her blood and caused massive hemorrhaging in her brain?  She worked her ass off for several years after that stroke, hobbling over to the lodge every morning at 7:30am, often falling (which led to sprained ankles and a broken leg), so she could run her business.  She was a dyed in the wool Republican... unfortunately she had to forego medical insurance for herself due to the extreme cost and the struggles she had with starting and running a family run resort.

Luckily in Minnesota we understand that sometimes life just plain sucks and that the least we can do is soften the blow.  Her huge medical bills were covered by the state.  She eventually lost the resort in the process, but her life was saved.

Then she finally got a job working for a friend in the hospitality business as a manager at a hotel.  Unfortunately her frail condition led to a series of falls that led to her needing brain surgeries due to a subdural hematoma.

She took the risk, opened her own business... and luck knocked her on her ass.. and she tried desperately to get back up and make things work.. but she got knocked down again.  Her doctor ordered her not to work at all... still, she took courses for medical transcription and did that for a while despite only having one working hand for typing.  Eventually that got too stressful and she had to quit that.

She paid her dues.  She lived the American dream... sending lunchmeat sandwiches with my dad to work on his 12-14 days so they could pay the mortgage on their new home and she could stay home with us 3 kids... then she took her dream and made it a reality with our resort. 

But she got burned by the Republicans when they started cutting the medical assistance budgets and she started getting notices saying she was no longer eligible (even though her medical expenses would have taken up 80% of the family's income).  She listened to Tim Pawlenty talk about how "some Minnesotans would have to learn to do with less" when asked about the 30,000 people he was kicking off hte state medical insurance program, knowing full well some of them could die (like my mom)... all so we could avoid a tax increase on the richest Minnesotans.

So, perhaps as you can see... it's very personal and I don't like it when people tell other people who are already worked to the bone and underpaid "to just go get a job for Christ's sake" or to "pick themselves up by the bootstraps"

Just how do you expect someone to improve themselves if they are disabled or have children to take care of, have no credit, and face ever dwindling resources to help pay for furthering education?

Oh, I know... that yacht is damn important.  But seriously.. that guy making the yacht can just as easily learn how to make a Crestliner or Lund boat and sell them to regular hardworking people.
For your reference:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-emotion.html

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-pity.html
Believe it or not I think that emotion has a place in politics. Besides the facts show that low taxes keeps the wealth concentrated at the top. Which is not very desirable for countries in this day and age.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 12:50:02 PM »

Believe it or not I think that emotion has a place in politics. Besides the facts show that low taxes keeps the wealth concentrated at the top. Which is not very desirable for countries in this day and age.
Emotion has no place in politics unless it means you will slit your wrists
You are the one who supports the braindead hicks that shout at congressman during town hall meetings. That isn't emotional? The point I am trying to make is that politics is emotional. The government raising taxes or starting programs or doing the opposite causes huge emotional reactions. You are the one calling Obama a communist when he isn't even close to being one. That is an emotional reaction to politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies