AIDS & Abortion: 2M deaths yearly (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 02:08:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  AIDS & Abortion: 2M deaths yearly (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AIDS & Abortion: 2M deaths yearly  (Read 9499 times)
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -5.39

« on: December 06, 2004, 02:50:14 PM »

I wounder how many of you posting here really have ever had any substantial interaction with the gay community. It really doesn't seem like it, for the most part, and most of the conclusions seem drawn upon very little more than stereotypes. I will agree that gays tend to be more promiscuous than hets, but I also believe that the statistics on the subject vastly overstate the reality. It is very difficult to get an accurate sample when polling gays. Those most likely to be having the most sex tend to be more likely to be vocal in saying so. This would be the "out and loud" crowd. Even so, someone mentioned that to the extent that gays tend to be more promiscuous because of being free from societal barriers is probably correct on base; i.e. "society hates us already, so why not do what we want?"

The other thing that I'd like to mention is with regard to "conversion therapy." It's pretty much been exposed as a load of crap. Moreover, those pushing it as a solution to the "gay problem" don't realize that most gays don't want to be straight, believe it or not.  We tend to view ourselves as superior in many ways to non-gays--which brings me to my last point.

Gays tend to be better educated and more financially successful than heterosexuals. We don't get our girlfriends knocked up during high school or college, so we finish. We don't have kids to worry about, so we can focus on our careers. We don't have kids to pay for, so we have more disposible income and pay more in taxes. So, whatever cost is incurred by society because of above average promiscuity, it is paid for at an above average rate by us.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies