The Biden coalition was always doomed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:17:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Biden coalition was always doomed
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Biden coalition was always doomed  (Read 224 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2021, 07:44:16 PM »

I'm just going to open this with this result from the 2020 CNN Exit Polls. People whose vote for president was mainly for their candidate comprised 71% of the electorate and went to Trump by 7%. Those whose vote was cast mainly against their opponent comprised 24% of the electorate and went to Biden by 38%. One reason why I believe the Biden coalition was always going to be doomed, as that his voters only had one common denominator, which was that they didn't like Trump. The strong majority of them liked Biden, however, they thought he was too moderate, which would be Bernie bro-types who reluctantly came around, or too liberal, being never-Trump Republicans who held their nose for Biden, because they hated Trump that much. We are seeing it now with Biden not being able to get much of anything done despite a Democratic trifecta. That is not including moderate anti-Trump Republicans.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 08:21:45 PM »

I'm just going to open this with this result from the 2020 CNN Exit Polls. People whose vote for president was mainly for their candidate comprised 71% of the electorate and went to Trump by 7%. Those whose vote was cast mainly against their opponent comprised 24% of the electorate and went to Biden by 38%. One reason why I believe the Biden coalition was always going to be doomed, as that his voters only had one common denominator, which was that they didn't like Trump. The strong majority of them liked Biden, however, they thought he was too moderate, which would be Bernie bro-types who reluctantly came around, or too liberal, being never-Trump Republicans who held their nose for Biden, because they hated Trump that much. We are seeing it now with Biden not being able to get much of anything done despite a Democratic trifecta. That is not including moderate anti-Trump Republicans.

And now Trump is running again.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 08:29:56 PM »

I'm surprised that Trump only won votes FOR a candidate by 7 points.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies