Blame Game: Financial crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:42:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Blame Game: Financial crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is most at fault for the subprime mortgage/financial meltdown/oh my god we're all gonna die scenario
Government (lack of oversight and regulations)

Lenders (for being irresponsible)

Home-owners (who knowingly chose to live beyond their means)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Blame Game: Financial crisis  (Read 2997 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: March 22, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »

Christ people, the government controls 'the economy', and is always responsible for everything that happens in it.  We impose a sort of capitalism on society, which inherently gives very bad results for many people all of the time, and even some of the people that matter once in a while. 

But if you notice they're not jumping on the reform bandwagon.. keep in mind that status is relative, so having one billion in a depression is just as good as having 10 billion in good times.

Anyway - capitalism (the government) is to blame.

The winter's gone, the summer came, glory to the Communist Party for this achievement!
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 02:40:51 AM »

Christ people, the government controls 'the economy', and is always responsible for everything that happens in it.  We impose a sort of capitalism on society, which inherently gives very bad results for many people all of the time, and even some of the people that matter once in a while. 

But if you notice they're not jumping on the reform bandwagon.. keep in mind that status is relative, so having one billion in a depression is just as good as having 10 billion in good times.

Anyway - capitalism (the government) is to blame.

The winter's gone, the summer came, glory to the Communist Party for this achievement!

A financial crisis is a social phenomenon, ag, more akin to mass hysteria than a season.  And anyway, I never mentioned communism anywhere in my post - a critique does not necessarily specify an alternative.  Perhaps there is none.

Neither did I mention communism. I just cited an old Russian ditty: "proshla zima, nastalo let, spasibo Partii za eto"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies