Jeb Bush says he wants to ignore the past (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:32:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb Bush says he wants to ignore the past (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeb Bush says he wants to ignore the past  (Read 2991 times)
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« on: February 14, 2015, 01:33:47 PM »

Try and say that to Democrats, they will want it both ways, Hillary will want to talk about Dubya's Iraq war and any other negatives that tars Jeb, while at the same time avoiding any talk of aspects of Bill's more negative legacy. Woe to those who defy Hillary's narrative,  even Jeb. In other words,  "having one's cake and eating it as well".  I can see it now, Democrats wanting to avoid the negatives involving Obama's potential in handling ISIS and making all sorts of noise about the Iraq war. I agree, however Jeb is no more culpable or responsible for the decision making process to go into Iraq, than Hillary was responsible in the whole Monica Lewinsky scandal or Whitewater....right? I mean Jeb was merely Governor of Florid...wasn't he? or am I missing something here?...and Hillary was just Bill's wife & handled much of what was going on over the White water land deal...er..wait a minute...what am I talking about? There's no comparison!...dang...awkward!
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 03:06:49 AM »

Excuse me where the heck does it say we are responsible for the sins of our father's or brother's? ....can see the Democrats are going to cling to that whole theory because these talking points are already beginning to emerge. Wouldn't it be a good idea to examine how much Hillary did not know about the Whitewater land deal during her time in the Rose Law firm; I mean that whole investigation meandered away from that subject to the sexual aspects of Bill Clinton's activities. These Whitewater land deal issues and Hillary's involvement in same, is not just about answering the legalities,  her involvement in these activities from an ethical point of view.  We can't just examine her role in the Benghazi screw-up and the Monica Lewinsky issue has been dealt with, but not the questions of who are the identities of those donors of the Clinton Foundation & Bill's post presidential activities...but of course that depends if CBS,  NBC,  CNN,  New York Times and the Washington Post take there journalistic integrities out of the blind trust. However I think we all know the answer there.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 07:47:15 PM »

Very cocky ain't ya Icespear?  Might be that kool-aid is clouding your judgement;  but hey if it fits in with the Hillary is going to win in a cake walk. Just like the 1990s stuff is old news, then so is Iraq; can't have it both ways bro; bring up Iraq...which has nothing to do with Jeb. He was just GOVERNOR OF FLORIDA....HELLO! However Hillary was Bill's spouse, you of course remember that old mantra, you Democrats loved to spout out about? You know the refrain, "You get two for the price of one"...will I'm convinced; you can't day Hillary wasn't privy to all that bad crap; so culpability by association...and old dog lying down and getting up with fleas!..oh maybe you are trying to say she only knew about the good stuff...oh how very tidy! Don't think you are gonna get much cooperation from us Republicans on that score...oh shame!
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 03:06:13 AM »

Don't know where you source your information; going by urban legend eh! Then explain to me how Gore won Miami-Dade county; if Jeb helped steal the state, how do you explain why he couldn't steal that or many more counties. Florida is divided into a series of counties, like the United States is divided into states; so the Governor as powerful as he or she may be, cannot dictate how a county votes, anymore than a President can dictate how a state votes. Who lived in those counties? people...Republicans or Democrats & Independents, perhaps a fare share of libertarians; voters for there own reasons,  be it local, issue or personality vote in the privacy of the voting booth. There was confusion over some ballot papers in some counties; remember dimpled & hanging chads.  Fact was there was no universal model of the Florida ballot paper. Each county in the state had there own design,  Jeb had no control over these features than the man in the moon. He and many others,  now endowed with 20/20 vision in hindsight,  could have envisaged what was going to happen, as it never happened before...unless you believe in magic and voodoo spells. Then you had some moronic voters down in Miami-Dade who couldn't even read a ballot paper & were just plain lazy to check the ballot paper before they left the voting booth...Most of them were Democratic base voters; there literacy must have been suspect. I mean voting for Pat Buchanan instead of Al Gore? That really takes the cake...blame Miami-Dade officials for that screw-up,  gross negligence and incompetence. How come there were no problems in leaning Republican counties?
So Jeb at best had minimal control over how things were going.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies