Did the Romney campaign believe they would win at the end (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:22:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Did the Romney campaign believe they would win at the end (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: well?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Did the Romney campaign believe they would win at the end  (Read 11882 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: February 27, 2014, 11:43:35 PM »

One thing that I will say that I encounter with people I know who vote is this Cleveland area blue collar attitude. They do not like rich people. See I'm the opposite. I am middle class, was raised middle class, but I really do like rich people. I envy them. I think many people who are older than myself who find themselves in, for lack of a better word, crappy jobs with little income and they're already middle aged, atleast subconsciously hold some ill-will towards those who are better off. I think it's how you look at things. I look at rich people and say, "If they can do it, we all can". Some look at rich people and say, "They're rich and I'm not so screw them."

It's a baby temper tantrum attitude but unfortunately many people in rust belt type areas have that mentality.

Romney didn't lift a finger to get as rich as he is. He just happened to have a rich father. Those who hold ill will towards Mitt Romney due to his riches have a point. Some people work all their lives and make nothing. Others, like Mittens, don't work at all and make millions.

Yup. I respect wealthy people who earned it on their own. Not those who became wealthy because they were a member of the lucky sperm club.

That's an incredibly pathetic and insecure way to judge others, but if you choose to let envy replace empathy then so be it. Not sure if you will get anywhere that way, but I'm sure its worked for someone down the line.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »

One thing that I will say that I encounter with people I know who vote is this Cleveland area blue collar attitude. They do not like rich people. See I'm the opposite. I am middle class, was raised middle class, but I really do like rich people. I envy them. I think many people who are older than myself who find themselves in, for lack of a better word, crappy jobs with little income and they're already middle aged, atleast subconsciously hold some ill-will towards those who are better off. I think it's how you look at things. I look at rich people and say, "If they can do it, we all can". Some look at rich people and say, "They're rich and I'm not so screw them."

It's a baby temper tantrum attitude but unfortunately many people in rust belt type areas have that mentality.

Romney didn't lift a finger to get as rich as he is. He just happened to have a rich father. Those who hold ill will towards Mitt Romney due to his riches have a point. Some people work all their lives and make nothing. Others, like Mittens, don't work at all and make millions.

Yup. I respect wealthy people who earned it on their own. Not those who became wealthy because they were a member of the lucky sperm club.

That's an incredibly pathetic and insecure way to judge others, but if you choose to let envy replace empathy then so be it. Not sure if you will get anywhere that way, but I'm sure its worked for someone down the line.

So you idolize people who got rich through no virtue of their own, but because they were born into the "correct" family? Do you honestly think Romney would have been as "successful" as he was if he was born into a poor inner city family instead?

Or are you just a trust fund baby and I struck a nerve?

I don't idolize anyone but I'm also not a man-child that is going to live in resentment because someone's parents were this or that. But the way you jump out and try to frame this as if I am idolizing the rich shows that you're most likely unsuccessful and insecure about that. Get educated and do something with your life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies