Did the Romney campaign believe they would win at the end (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:27:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Did the Romney campaign believe they would win at the end (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: well?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Did the Romney campaign believe they would win at the end  (Read 11885 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: February 20, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »

Sadly, they totally did,  despite all evidence to the contrary.

Sadly? Mittbot's dismay might have been the single best thing about the 2012 outcome. Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 03:07:14 PM »

Karl Rove seemed to believe that Romney would win, especially when he attacked Fox News. "rolls eyes".

"Is that math you do as a Republican to make you feel better?"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 06:34:38 AM »

One thing that I will say that I encounter with people I know who vote is this Cleveland area blue collar attitude. They do not like rich people. See I'm the opposite. I am middle class, was raised middle class, but I really do like rich people. I envy them. I think many people who are older than myself who find themselves in, for lack of a better word, crappy jobs with little income and they're already middle aged, atleast subconsciously hold some ill-will towards those who are better off. I think it's how you look at things. I look at rich people and say, "If they can do it, we all can". Some look at rich people and say, "They're rich and I'm not so screw them."

It's a baby temper tantrum attitude but unfortunately many people in rust belt type areas have that mentality.

Romney didn't lift a finger to get as rich as he is. He just happened to have a rich father. Those who hold ill will towards Mitt Romney due to his riches have a point. Some people work all their lives and make nothing. Others, like Mittens, don't work at all and make millions.

Yup. I respect wealthy people who earned it on their own. Not those who became wealthy because they were a member of the lucky sperm club.

That's an incredibly pathetic and insecure way to judge others, but if you choose to let envy replace empathy then so be it. Not sure if you will get anywhere that way, but I'm sure its worked for someone down the line.

LOL

What's really pathetic is the ridiculous fawning over the super-rich which seems to have become the norm in our societies.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:20:35 PM »

Yeah, making money isn't really that hard when you start off with a good deal of it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 04:24:37 AM »

I think it's pretty obvious that they did.  Interestingly, I have also read that Karl Rove and Bush initially thought they had lost in 2004.Kerr
Yeah I remember that cover of Tim Magazine in 2004 that I think said
"Kerry was going to be the next President Of The United States".

At first I also suspected that Obama was surprised he had won in 2012, but apparently that wasn't the case and the inner circle knew that things were adding up as they needed to during election day.

Nah, Obama knew it all along, just as Nate Silver and most posters on this forum who weren't deluded tools.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies