Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:33:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 501616 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: August 03, 2008, 11:40:15 AM »

Those favorability ratings are troublesome news for Obama.
Not really, since Democrats have a significant numbers advantage. A lot of "independents" are just embarrassed Republicans anyway.

That "significant numbers advantage" is shrinking.

With the exception of the drilling debate, in almost all issue polls for the last several years, most independents have behaved much more like Democrats. If McCain's conservative pro-Bush record were to come out, there is no reason to expect that they would be more favorable toward him.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 09:35:31 AM »

Worm being very apt (slimey things) and John McCain is a slimeball if nothing else

Hawk, I don't know why you continue to degrade yourself with simple partisan musings.  It's below you.  I really haven't said much on this before, but it's not particularly enlightening nor informative nor really very nice.

"As the worm turns..." There is a reference I am missing, or is this a case of pot and kettle?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 10:59:14 AM »

It's early August.

The fact that Obama is only at 47% favorable amongst indies isn't good.  Especially interesting in light of all the tongue baths he has gotten from the MSM.

Again though, it's only August.  People aren't tuned in yet and won't be until after the conventions.

Plus this election cycle Rasy has had a slight lean toward the GOP. The only thing we really know is it is close for now... Thanks to the slimball McCain and his attack ads he said he wouldn't do. Ah gotta love them Republicans.

When did McCain say he wouldn't run negative ads?  I believe he said he would run a "civil" campaign.  That Democrats think a stupid ad comparing Obama to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton is "horrible" and "appalling" just shows how much it gets under their skin.

Or maybe it's just stupid. People have come over the years to associate Spears and Hilton with the ultimate brainless blonde, clueless stereotype, not someone who has a degree in law from Harvard & debates toe to toe with Senators like Biden and Clinton on national issues.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually, if you think about the race "issue" in general, it only ever benefits McCain. Obama has no incentive to bring race into the discussion except defensively. Even last week, he was responding to an online McCain ad mocking his picture on currency.

I don't know what a big tat is, but I'm pretty sure if his tit is bigger, he either has a hormone imbalance or it's a pretty small tat. Smiley But no, the ads aren't exceedingly negative, mostly vapid.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 12:24:58 PM »

The saddest thing is that Obama could say "vote for me because if you don't, you're a racist" and Dave would say he didn't play the race card. It's so obvious to see that when someone keeps reminding voters that he's different than everyone else running, he's playing the race card.

Or he's trying to confront what could otherwise be a major underground liability head on by talking about how absurd it is to vote on its basis.

More likely the media playing the Clinton-hate/everything they do must have an evil motive card, something the right has plenty of experience doing. Tongue
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 05:19:13 PM »

Clinton bounce!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies