Tens of Thousands Protesting Trump's Immigration and Refugee Ban
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:08:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tens of Thousands Protesting Trump's Immigration and Refugee Ban
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tens of Thousands Protesting Trump's Immigration and Refugee Ban  (Read 2014 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 06:01:47 AM »

Anyone sensing a liberal Tea Party arising?

It certainly seems likely at this point. The interesting this is that i doubt it would happen had the Tea Party not happened in 2009; that set the precedent for an organized partisan political movement.
weird...maybe something has....ahem....occupied their mind for the last 8 years.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 08:47:06 AM »

Anyone sensing a liberal Tea Party arising?

That requires real balls.  Dems don't have them.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »

I wonder if these people would, er, 'resist every day' if they had some dogs set on them and their kids or got trampled by mounted police. I suspect that their numbers would decrease very rapidly if an actual show of strength was made. Won't happen of course, due to the difficulties of coordinating a campaign of suppression in such a decentralised country, and, of course, I imagine that it would be illegal.

But more to the point, yes, I suppose there are a lot of bodies out on the streets, but these people still form a tiny minority of the population, even of those of did not vote for Trump. Politicians shouldn't get jumpy because the usual communist (and a smattering of 'concerned citizens', ie pretentious nebbishes) rabble are out in public places causing trouble. This is (well, will be, I'm sure, in due course) a police matter, not one that requires any sort of political response.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 10:17:09 AM »

Imagine poor Ivanka trying to get through baggage claim.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 12:44:34 AM »

I wonder if these people would, er, 'resist every day' if they had some dogs set on them and their kids or got trampled by mounted police. I suspect that their numbers would decrease very rapidly if an actual show of strength was made. Won't happen of course, due to the difficulties of coordinating a campaign of suppression in such a decentralised country, and, of course, I imagine that it would be illegal.

But more to the point, yes, I suppose there are a lot of bodies out on the streets, but these people still form a tiny minority of the population, even of those of did not vote for Trump. Politicians shouldn't get jumpy because the usual communist (and a smattering of 'concerned citizens', ie pretentious nebbishes) rabble are out in public places causing trouble. This is (well, will be, I'm sure, in due course) a police matter, not one that requires any sort of political response.

Spoken like a true fascist. 
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 02:47:13 AM »

Using force on protestors is a great way to get otherwise neutral observers to join the protestors side. The Standing Rock protests only really started to massively grow when the police started using blasting the protestors with cold water.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 06:37:16 AM »

Spoken like a true fascist. 

Conservative, maybe, but I've never been a supporter or member of the PNF.

Using force on protestors is a great way to get otherwise neutral observers to join the protestors side. The Standing Rock protests only really started to massively grow when the police started using blasting the protestors with cold water.

Well, blast them with water too. The only reason that the protests were (temporarily) successful was because the then administration caved in before the pending mandatory evacuation of the protestors could be put in to effect.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 07:48:34 AM »

I hope every last liberal moves to California if/when they secede, so we can have a liberal-free country to restore America!

I am sick and tired of liberal trouble-makers protesting in the streets.  If you block traffic without a permit approved one month in advance, you should go to jail for a year, plain and simple.  While I disagree with him on abortion, Rudy Giuliani seems to be the only person who understands what has to be done to stop crime and riots.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I want to restore America, too. This America -- one in which the political process sacrifices efficiency in punishing pariahs and enriching the well-connected, one in which humane values -- LIBERAL values -- guide us.

ABORT FASCISM NOW!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 08:09:09 AM »

I hope every last liberal moves to California if/when they secede, so we can have a liberal-free country to restore America!

I am sick and tired of liberal trouble-makers protesting in the streets.  If you block traffic without a permit approved one month in advance, you should go to jail for a year, plain and simple.  While I disagree with him on abortion, Rudy Giuliani seems to be the only person who understands what has to be done to stop crime and riots.

These unemployed deadbeat snowflakes are going to give us another 1972.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2017, 08:22:39 AM »

The sun on the meadow is summery warm
The stag in the forest runs free
But gather together to greet the storm
Tomorrow belongs to me

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 08:41:19 AM »

Tomorrow belongs to me

I want more of these.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 04:45:53 PM »

Some losers are wailing but the Ban is popular with the People.

Link

The Jan. 30-31 poll found that 49 percent of American adults said they either "strongly" or "somewhat" agreed with Trump's order, while 41 percent "strongly" or "somewhat" disagreed and another 10 percent said they don't know.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 05:02:18 PM »

Link

The Jan. 30-31 poll found that 49 percent of American adults said they either "strongly" or "somewhat" agreed with Trump's order, while 41 percent "strongly" or "somewhat" disagreed and another 10 percent said they don't know.

Only in your own mind.  As the article states, the country is divided on the issue as it is on everything else.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 05:04:35 PM »

I really wish some Republicans would stand up and fight... this is just pathetic for a once proud national party.

My Congresswoman (Comstock) at least stood up to the EO.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »

Link

Only in your own mind.  As the article states, the country is divided on the issue as it is on everything else.

Not my mind. It's not my poll.

It is amazing how things are, uh, 'divided' when one side wins, but if one were to flip the margins, few would be saying anything about, uh, 'divided' if the other side won.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 05:13:01 PM »

Link

Not my mind. It's not my poll.

It is amazing how things are, uh, 'divided' when one side wins, but if one were to flip the margins, few would be saying anything about, uh, 'divided' if the other side won.

Of course it's not your poll, thank god.  It's your interpretation of it that's in question.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 05:40:02 PM »

Tomorrow belongs to me

Kek
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies