Senate Members of the Budget Committee thread [Badger & NCYankee elected]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:25:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Members of the Budget Committee thread [Badger & NCYankee elected]
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Members of the Budget Committee thread [Badger & NCYankee elected]  (Read 947 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2010, 04:29:32 PM »
« edited: June 16, 2010, 04:24:20 PM by Bacon King »

Here are the rules, if nobody objects:

Nominations/declarations will be made during the next 48 hours. Afterwards, (assuming there are at least three people that want the spots) we'll vote using the rules of Senate midterm elections, with two people getting elected from this body. Sound alright? Begin your nominations!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:28:16 AM »

Here are the rules, if nobody objects:

Nominations/declarations will be made during the next 48 hours. Afterwards, (assuming there are at least three people that want the spots) we'll vote using the rules of Senate midterm elections, with two people getting elected from this body. Sound alright? Begin your nominations!

<Raises hand>
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 07:28:24 PM »

Well its good to see such admirable enthusiasm and competition for these positions.

I guy I will throw my hat into the ring.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 04:46:59 PM »

It's kind of sad that no one is nominating other people outside of themselves.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »

I'll nominate Senator Duke.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 05:12:39 PM »

Hey now, I only jumped in because only one person had so far. And frankly I think Badger has a right to be on it since he has been a critical prime mover in this effort. If you want to be on it, then I will gladly step aside for you. Tongue
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »

I second all current nominations and apologize if a second is not required.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »

Hey now, I only jumped in because only one person had so far. And frankly I think Badger has a right to be on it since he has been a critical prime mover in this effort. If you want to be on it, then I will gladly step aside for you. Tongue

I don't have any nominations, Mr. Yankee. No need to snap at me like a prepubescent girl! Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 10:48:58 PM »

I don't have any nominations, Mr. Yankee. No need to snap at me like a prepubescent girl! Tongue

Ah, actaully you do

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 07:27:55 AM »

Bump. We need to get going on this, guys.

Yank, Duke, I'd be perfectly happy with either of you on the committee, FWIW. You two need to decide ASAP if one of you will step aside as Yank indicated he might, or we need to hold a vote instead.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 04:23:51 PM »

Hmm. Considering there was only one nomination in the allotted time, let's say that by ignoring the nomination limit the Senate implicitly allowed an injunction to prolong debate time by 48 hours as allowed by Senate protocol. That would allow the nomination period to last until June 14th. At that point only Badger and NCYankee had accepted nominations and thus were the only ones eligible. Since there are two of them and two spots needed, they entered into the budget committee without vote.

That's the way I make sense of this, anyway. Badger and NCYankee are elected. *bangs gavel*
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 07:30:41 AM »

Hmm. Considering there was only one nomination in the allotted time, let's say that by ignoring the nomination limit the Senate implicitly allowed an injunction to prolong debate time by 48 hours as allowed by Senate protocol. That would allow the nomination period to last until June 14th. At that point only Badger and NCYankee had accepted nominations and thus were the only ones eligible. Since there are two of them and two spots needed, they entered into the budget committee without vote.

That's the way I make sense of this, anyway. Badger and NCYankee are elected. *bangs gavel*

Thanks folks. Don't hesitate to make your feelings known to us, privately or publicly, as to what the Senate's role in the budget process should be.

Duty calls and Chairman Purple State awaits. Away, Yank---to the Senatemobile!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 06:12:58 PM »

Thanks folks. Don't hesitate to make your feelings known to us, privately or publicly, as to what the Senate's role in the budget process should be.

Duty calls and Chairman Purple State awaits. Away, Yank---to the Senatemobile!

I provide my own transportation and you are a day late in acknowledging your I guess selection.

And don't forget I have about 6 months senority as well, which means if anything, you are my sidekick. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies