Democrat urges unions to 'get a little bloody when necessary'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:00:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrat urges unions to 'get a little bloody when necessary'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Democrat urges unions to 'get a little bloody when necessary'  (Read 2261 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 03:21:32 PM »

She also committed her act before the vast majority of posters here, myself included, were born, and has no relevance for what any liberal today or of the last 20 years does. It's like me condemning Republicans for selling arms to Iran. They're generally not supportive of that now. Whether the individual carries on and supports candidates, when she has no influence or respect, is not relevant, any more than the Westboro Baptist Church defines Republicans.

If by some chance she were relevant now, she'd be condemned by everyone.

The anti-war movement of the 1960s is not identical as the anti-war movement of the 2000s, although a few older people now overlapped. There was nothing like Kent State because there was no draft, for example.

Well, of course, there are no identical times and periods is US history, even if radical movements share some common origins (you might recall that the Iraq/Vietnam comparison was made by Robert Byrd and Ted Kennedy on the Senate floor).

But of course, I'm not the one who put her on TV. If you read the article and watch the video you'll see how MSNBC treated her like a relatively sympathetic figure, and so did Huffington post, and the assassin claims her actions are 'understandably wrong'. I personally wouldn't give someone who tried to kill a US President the time of day, but that's just me.

It's certainly curious to be outraged at so called rhetorical violence, but not quite as much at actual violence, especially given this thread's references to the history of violence. I think we should understand the origins of the violent left if we are going to ensure it doesn't reappear.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »

krazen, unions are always the victims of violence. They win only be making a spectacle of their abuse at the hands of your side.  Its Ghandhiesque, you see.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 05:41:41 PM »

krazen, unions are always the victims of violence. They win only be making a spectacle of their abuse at the hands of your side.  Its Ghandhiesque, you see.

Really?

http://www.unionfacts.com/articles/crimeViolence.cfm
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »

Really?

Objective/credible source please!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 06:23:23 PM »

krazen, unions are always the victims of violence. They win only be making a spectacle of their abuse at the hands of your side.  Its Ghandhiesque, you see.

Really?

Objective/credible source please!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_violence#Union_violence

This whole idea that union members are always peaceful, non-violent victims is lol worthy.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 06:35:05 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_violence#Union_violence

This whole idea that union members are always peaceful, non-violent victims is lol worthy.

Here's the full story for the 2004 event.

http://www.nysun.com/opinion/getting-physical/3062/

Last week, in Orlando, Fla., approximately 60 union protesters stormed and ransacked the local Bush-Cheney headquarters causing considerable damage and injuring one campaign staffer, who suffered a broken wrist.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »

New York Sun editorial is not an article.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 07:21:35 PM »

New York Sun editorial is not an article.

Enjoy!

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2004-10-07/news/0410070209_1_feeney-offices-in-orlando-bush-administration
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »

Violence for the sake of politics should be condemned by everyone, and we shouldn't get entangled in pointless and ridiculous tit for tat.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2011, 07:35:27 PM »

I guess its really convenient for the so called 'progressives' to ignore history so much.

What do you see about Squeaky Fromme's "ideology" that motivates large numbers of liberals? Is she a heroine on Daily Kos?

Did you even click on the link? You have the wrong assassin in mind. So, as far as I can tell, does Tyrone.

Sarah Jane Moore was a self-described liberal, who got involved in self-described liberal groups and in anti-war protests. In fact, today (well 3 years ago), she was a self-described liberal Hillary supporter.

She also committed her act before the vast majority of posters here, myself included, were born, and has no relevance for what any liberal today or of the last 20 years does. It's like me condemning Republicans for selling arms to Iran. They're generally not supportive of that now. Whether the individual carries on and supports candidates, when she has no influence or respect, is not relevant, any more than the Westboro Baptist Church defines Republicans.

If by some chance she were relevant now, she'd be condemned by everyone.

The anti-war movement of the 1960s is not identical as the anti-war movement of the 2000s, although a few older people now overlapped. There was nothing like Kent State because there was no draft, for example.

Fred Phelps is a Democrat.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies