OH-SEN (R-1984 Society/Fallon): Brown +14 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:15:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  OH-SEN (R-1984 Society/Fallon): Brown +14 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-SEN (R-1984 Society/Fallon): Brown +14  (Read 2551 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: June 01, 2018, 09:10:00 PM »

RCP hasn't put this in yet. Rightwing bias. They're quick to jump on any Reuters poll when they get the chance.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 10:37:29 PM »

RCP hasn't put this in yet. Rightwing bias. They're quick to jump on any Reuters poll when they get the chance.

Sometimes I get the impression that you think that the midterm elections this year will see the biggest Democratic wave in decades, whereas, due to polarization, gerrymandering, and other factors, I don't think it will be a large one. RCP is reliable, in my opinion, and they display little bias in their reporting on the races. Their Senatorial and Congressional ratings are reasonable.

I know I may appear to be over optimistic for the Democrats sometimes, but the head election analyst at RCP, Sean Trende, is a known Republican and RCP skewers right. They moved 11 seats to the Republicans after the Reuters R+6 blip and haven't spoken a word ever since it receded back to D+8.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 11:16:42 PM »

Sometimes I get the impression that you think that the midterm elections this year will see the biggest Democratic wave in decades, whereas, due to polarization, gerrymandering, and other factors, I don't think it will be a large one. RCP is reliable, in my opinion, and they display little bias in their reporting on the races. Their Senatorial and Congressional ratings are reasonable.

I know I may appear to be over optimistic for the Democrats sometimes, but the head election analyst at RCP, Sean Trende, is a known Republican and RCP skewers right. They moved 11 seats to the Republicans after the Reuters R+6 blip and haven't spoken a word ever since it receded back to D+8.

You are right, in that the crowd which is attracted to RCP is right-leaning. Many of the people who post comments there are Trump supporters, and believe that the Republicans are poised to gain seats this year, which is implausible. And Trende is definitely a Republican. But I still think that their overall ratings are reasonable, even if they are not as precise as we might want them to be.

I'm not saying that their ratings, overall, AREN'T reasonable, I just think that their motives behind making certain race changes can be questionable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies