MO: Mason-Dixon: McCaskill-Akin dead heat. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:03:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO: Mason-Dixon: McCaskill-Akin dead heat. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO: Mason-Dixon: McCaskill-Akin dead heat.  (Read 3599 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: October 27, 2012, 11:03:26 AM »

I'm starting to believe Akin will win this. Strong ad attacking Claire - http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/10/27/akin_unveils_new_attack_ad.html

If this is really a two point race right now, stuff like this and the undecideds being strongly for Romney will push him across the finish line.

Didn't Rasmussen of all people have Akin down by 8% or something? Think there were 1-2 other polls showing similar results too.

Don't see what changed in that short period of time.

But regardless, it's not surprising that Missouri is getting closer. It's Missouri, after all.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 06:51:56 AM »

Looking at the crosstabs here - Democrats support McCaskill with 97%, with Akin not even getting 1%. Only 3% undecided. However, with Republicans, 9% remain undecided. Akin leads 42-36 amongst Independents, with Dine getting 9% (unlikely to actually occur), and 13% undecided. Mitt Romney leads with Independents 57-34.

This leads me to think that most undecided voters, almost all who are either Republicans or Independents who support Romney, likely lean to the right, and are currently battling on whether to vote on who they like personally or who they agree with politically. It appears that undecideds should break towards Akin, so I think this race could be close like 2006.

Of course it'll be relatively close. But Akin has a hard path to an actual plurality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies