GoFundMe seizes funds of Canadian trucker convoy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:54:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GoFundMe seizes funds of Canadian trucker convoy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GoFundMe seizes funds of Canadian trucker convoy  (Read 4069 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 05, 2022, 12:26:14 PM »

This "peaceful protest" (occupation) causes a lot of problems for the citizens and businesses of Ottawa. I want GoFundMe to be fair about this, but they violated the terms and conditions and now they lost their revenue stream. As a critic of the occupation, this is great news.

If you supported Black lives Matter, you have no right to complain about this. Literally cities were burned and looted for months.

If you were bothered by BLM, you should be by this “mob intimidation”.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 09:51:43 PM »

I guess rioting is now a part of the process now that Nationalists have bought into so-called BLM style tactics.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 10:04:09 PM »

I guess 1/6 has also been legitimized in the discourse. I have an idea of a timeline that’s a take on UaCoG where the Gallagher figure gets assassinated by opposition or even his own henchmen and it causes a civil war amongst the institutions for dominance of the country. And that becomes the real vehicle of the transfer of power. Assassinations, coups, and military mobilization.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 10:07:02 PM »

I guess rioting is now a part of the process now that Nationalists have bought into so-called BLM style tactics.

BLM changed the rules of civilization, and now that we know those are part of the new acceptable rules endorsed by the establishment, they are not going away. There shall be no unilateral disarmament just because people don't like it.

Well, right wingers bought the myth of these new rules, since the vast majority of BLM protests didn't involve riots or otherwise illegal acts.

Blatant lies obvious to all of us with eyes who witnessed it. Your fradulent statitistics that count 20 people protesting at a carwash on the side of the road in Long Island equal to the mass demonstrations in cities don't fool anybody but yourselves. In that case, we had many many peaceful COVID demonstrations in the Midwest last summer which outweigh this singular act. (Lotta good that did)

You personally witnessed them or you witnessed them on Fox 'News'?

First of all, this isn’t “a singular act”. I believe he thinks he knows what he saw. I saw a lot of boarded up buildings but no damage in some of the cities I walked through. Charlotte, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Denver. I believe that I saw what I saw too. That’s the problem.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 07:24:42 AM »

Fuzzy, 93% of BLM protests were peaceful, and the violent ones were not as big as you seem to think.
https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/
The vast majority of demonstration events associated with the BLM movement are non-violent (see map below). In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations,5 meanwhile, have been limited to fewer than 220 locations — under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests. In many urban areas like Portland, Oregon, for example, which has seen sustained unrest since Floyd’s killing, violent demonstrations are largely confined to specific blocks, rather than dispersed throughout the city (CNN, 1 September 2020).

This is like the dumbest argument comparing violent riots and the efforts to lionize them to sign wavers. Your own numbers say 220 locations had riots over a 3 month period. Thats like 3 riots a day, every day, for 3 consecutive months. Are you seriously pretending thats not a big deal? I dont give a damn that there were 2,400 sign waving events. I care that mobs of criminals on 220 separate occassions over a 3 month period caused $1 billion in damage, injured thousands of cops, and murdered dozens of people while the media lied, the Dems bailed out the rioters as they claimed they didnt even exist, and the Soros prosecutors dismissed the charges.

But omg its the horn honking in canada and rubbing poop on the capitol walls thats the terrizms.

Most of this is lies.

Even if Mr. Reactionary was right about half of anything he said, it doesn't matter.

WTF am i wrong about? Did you sleep through 2020 or did you just only watch CNN? Heres a goddamn citation for every damn claim. After 2020 Im not taking any lectures from Dems on riots.

https://www.axios.com/riots-cost-property-damage-276c9bcc-a455-4067-b06a-66f9db4cea9c.html

https://www.policemag.com/585160/more-than-2-000-officers-injured-in-summers-protests-and-riots

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/31/americans-killed-protests-political-unrest-acled

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/513902-cnn-ridiculed-for-fiery-but-mostly-peaceful-caption-with-video-of-burning

https://mobile.twitter.com/kamalaharris/status/1267555018128965643?lang=en

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-says-antifa-idea-not-025049929.html

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020/10/multnomah-county-da-declines-to-prosecute-70-of-portland-protest-cases.html

From the same https://www.policemag.com/585160/more-than-2-000-officers-injured-in-summers-protests-and-riots that you linked to:

In most cases, the criminal acts were the work of individuals or small groups that infiltrated larger demonstrations, according to the organization.

'the organization' being the Major Cities Chiefs Association.

So, no. You have not presented evidence that BLM protesters were responsible for the things you claim.  I know your reading comprehension is very poor though.

There are other problems with your post. For instance, it's be no means certain, or even likely, that all 'riots and other civil disobedience' was related to BLM protests during that time period.  There were counter protesters at many of the BLM protests who engaged in violence, and then there were often counter protesters to those counter protesters (ANTIFA.)  

So, it's far from certain that anywhere near all the violence leading to injury or death was caused by BLM protesters.

However, the main problem is you either didn't read your own link, or you didn't comprehend what it meant.

You know his reading skills are fine. There’s tons of smart segregationists.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 11:24:40 AM »

Your side did 220 violent riots which is much worse than anything the truckers are doing

It's not about 'sides' doing things. There are more than two sides and lots of bozos all over the place with wackadoodle ideas. Both of your created 'sides' commit more than enough violence to go around. Posters on this forum are not collectively responsible for things that their side has done, nor should they feel foolish because theoretical ideological sympathizers did something bad. That's going to be true for everyone at some point.

The shameful thing is the politicians that failed to denounce or encouraged last summer's violence directed at private citizens and institutions. Given how in lockstep people are with defending whatever their politicians say or do, it would have been solid mitigation against declining standards of acceptable actions. Instead, we got widespread endorsement, which everybody was listening to, not just their base.

This is the part that I most strongly agree with. You routinely see "red avatars" use the "your party" or "your side" attack against "blue avatars". It would not do for "blue avatars" to utilize the same kind of arguments in reverse.

Everyone claims that their opponents ideology is evil because it causes people to commit crimes.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 06:49:17 PM »

The "convoy movement" today tried to halt international commerce that contributes to the livelihoods of millions. Search "Ambassador Bridge" in Google News.

The voice of the unheard. Smiley
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 06:47:11 PM »

lol 26 million. Do you know a single George Floyd protester?

Um, yes? They had protests in Jackson and Starkville. Did you actually think I would say no?
I lived in Mississippi and I don't know a single protester. I only knew decent black people with jobs and families.

The people I know who protested (both white and black) took their families, and the protests were on Saturday.

Nice, just in time to watch NFL players kneel for the anthem on their new TV on Sunday.

I'm disappointed, Santander.  Your trolling is usually more clever than that.

Yeah. That was a slip on what was a good volley. Sad.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 09:17:33 AM »

This thread reads very differently in the wake of the pro-Hamas faction using the same tactics.

It’s obvious that both the new New Left and the new New Right are not really compatible with the a way of life and social contract that the rest of us would want or could even survive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies