FL: Grayson, DWS (among others) looking at Rubio's seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:28:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL: Grayson, DWS (among others) looking at Rubio's seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Grayson, DWS (among others) looking at Rubio's seat  (Read 7450 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: January 27, 2015, 01:54:12 AM »

I would support DWS if she runs, but I would prefer to see her jump to a leadership spot in the House. The current House leadership is just way too old.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 12:17:28 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2015, 12:30:12 PM by Beet »

I would support DWS if she runs, but I would prefer to see her jump to a leadership spot in the House. The current House leadership is just way too old.

Why not? She's young (relatively), a woman, Jewish, a strong progressive, a great fundraiser, is used to being in the minority, is from a big swing state, has a compelling personal story (cancer survivor) and has demonstrated ability to maintain good relations with GOP members of congress as well. A lot of positives, one of the few rising stars of the FDP, not sure why she's disliked here. I could see her providing Democrats with Congressional leadership for the next 20-30 years.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's like saying "she would be the equivalent of Obama - except that she'd lose." Taking an analogy and changing the most important fact about it doesn't make for a good analogy. FWIW, no one thought McAuliffe was a strong candidate - he barely even lived in Virginia - but he managed to turn out a win in a state that, for decades has always gone for the losing party of the previous presidential election. He basically did just as well as Mark Warner. And he carried a slate of statewide Dems in with him.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:07:46 PM »

She doesn't care about winning elections for her party (which is what she's supposed to be doing), she only cares about advancing her own career.

What does that even mean?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 01:50:59 PM »

She doesn't care about winning elections for her party (which is what she's supposed to be doing), she only cares about advancing her own career.

What does that even mean?

It means that she should never be in a leadership position.

I think you missed the meaning of my question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies