DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:43:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 272500 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:49 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by. 

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility. 

The true enemy of the people.  100%

There is no desescalation to be done. They are criminals, they belong to jail.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 06:35:28 PM »

Hillary voters never stormed the capital. You’re too intelligent to post moronic drivel like this.

Are we allowed to call Sanchez and his ilk Nazis again? Serious question.

This Goose stepper is actively enjoying this. Traitorous scum.
Is it necessary to make my life any harder?

You know what would make your life easier? Banning Nazis and coup supporters.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 10:18:07 PM »

So... the House is going to take until f**king midnight?? Why the f**k does it take so long

Social distancing rules in the House bans having more than 55 representatives at once in the room.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 10:30:21 PM »

So... the House is going to take until f**king midnight?? Why the f**k does it take so long

Social distancing rules in the House bans having more than 55 representatives at once in the room.

can't the republicans all go together when it's their turn?  they don't care about getting covid.

Pelosi applies the rules with an iron fist. She was refusing to proceed on Day 1 until Boebert and
Taylor Greene put masks on and would have expelled them from the House if they continued refusing.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 10:32:48 PM »

I don't know what's more frustrating: Hearing Pence & Mitch speak or folks actually feeling comfort them despite their culpability of today's actions.

Oh I fully acknowledge they are culpable but they still had some strong words that were refreshing to hear from Republicans of their position. It was extremely obvious they were pissed too, honestly felt like some of the most authentic things they’ve ever said.

Or, they are just skilled enough politicians to know which way the wind is blowing, and that their best interests are served by distancing themselves from this Riot as much as possible. If you believe they've actually suffered some conversion over this incident, you're dreaming.

I suspect some may have been genuinely scared.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 11:14:57 PM »

I just heard this on MSNBC, and those three deaths were evidently medical emergency/natural deaths.

3 people had natural deaths on the same day in the Capitol?

Probably overweight Trumpists who had strokes because it was too much excitement/exercice for their poor bodies.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 02:11:22 PM »

Pelosi calls for 25th amendment. Also says Congress is prepared to start impeachment proceedings.

Yet, doesn't call for police to arrest criminals.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 02:43:45 PM »

I don't understand why members of the House need to be fined for refusing to walk through metal detectors.

Just deny entry.  Can they walk onto a plane without going thru one?

They are lawfully elected members of a national legislature, not customers conducting a transaction.

It also seems like a petty tyranny, which is why I asked about it. What conceivable safety benefit is there to scanning the bodies of every member?

It's to stop unhinged (and possibly supportive of an insurrection) members with guns. Boebert should had to think before bringing guns in the House and supporting rebels. The mandatory scanner is the consequence of her actions and she must assume her responsability, as a conservative.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies