What percentage of Kerry voters are like opebo?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 01:39:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What percentage of Kerry voters are like opebo?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What percentage of Kerry voters are like opebo?  (Read 2823 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 03:33:05 PM »

Then you are not intolerant of intolerance. You are intolerant of something more specific.
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 03:39:48 PM »

So do only white people count now?

And this white Christian voted for Kerry. So did plenty more. There's a town north of here called St. Peter. It's very religious. You can almost be sure someone there is in church on Sunday. And it's almost as liberal as Minneapolis. Voted around 60% for Kerry.

btw, the Minnesota Senate Majority leader and thus the leader of the Democratic caucus is an ordained minister.

I should have said that a majority of white protestants voted for Bush. This is true I would imagine in the southern Bush states. Of course many voted for Kerry as well. I was just trying to agree with you that Christians voted in different ways.

Also, I hate to admit this, but I side with opebo with regards to the far right. The extreme far right hates me because I am a Jew. However, the far left hates me as well because I am a Jew. So I'm in the middle. It feels safer here. I know opebo gets bashed here a lot, but I just wanted to show that some Republicans can agree with him, though perhaps not to that extreme.

Opebo doesn't represent a large percentage of the democratic party, just the most vocal opebo part of the Democratic party. The far religious right doesn't represent a large percentage of the Republican party just the most vocal part. That being said, both sides control each party respectfully.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 03:42:47 PM »

Then you are not intolerant of intolerance. You are intolerant of something more specific.

No, just intolerance.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2005, 03:45:33 PM »

Bush won the majority of praticing christians.  There is a difference.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2005, 03:46:23 PM »

This isn't all that hard to understand, but since you've proven twice throughout the past two days that you don't have the reading skills of a third grader, I'll go ahead and take your post as a real, logical response.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2005, 09:24:22 PM »

So do only white people count now?

And this white Christian voted for Kerry. So did plenty more. There's a town north of here called St. Peter. It's very religious. You can almost be sure someone there is in church on Sunday. And it's almost as liberal as Minneapolis. Voted around 60% for Kerry.

btw, the Minnesota Senate Majority leader and thus the leader of the Democratic caucus is an ordained minister.

I should have said that a majority of white protestants voted for Bush. This is true I would imagine in the southern Bush states. Of course many voted for Kerry as well. I was just trying to agree with you that Christians voted in different ways.

Also, I hate to admit this, but I side with opebo with regards to the far right. The extreme far right hates me because I am a Jew. However, the far left hates me as well because I am a Jew. So I'm in the middle. It feels safer here. I know opebo gets bashed here a lot, but I just wanted to show that some Republicans can agree with him, though perhaps not to that extreme.

Opebo doesn't represent a large percentage of the democratic party, just the most vocal opebo part of the Democratic party. The far religious right doesn't represent a large percentage of the Republican party just the most vocal part. That being said, both sides control each party respectfully.

I'm a white Protestant. I voted like most white Protestants did in Minnesota: for Kerry. Bush might've won the Catholic vote here, I don't know, but the Protestant vote in Minnesota is always more Democratic than the Catholic. Thinking of only the south is taking a very narrow scope.

I'm a hardcore extreme far leftist, and I don't hate Jews. I don't know any who do. And of course we have people like Noam Chomsky who are obviously far left. And he's a Jew.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies