In Massachusetts, GOP Sees Vulernable Kerry (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:35:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  In Massachusetts, GOP Sees Vulernable Kerry (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In Massachusetts, GOP Sees Vulernable Kerry  (Read 5198 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: January 25, 2007, 06:44:50 PM »

It's certainly possible, but it would require low voter turnout, I see it as possible if a conservative Dem is nominated
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 06:51:38 PM »

It's certainly possible, but it would require low voter turnout, I see it as possible if a conservative Dem is nominated

We're talking about Massachusetts, not the South.  There are no conservative Democrats up there.

John Kerry will likely be challenged by a restless congressman.  Polls will show him losing early on, but after dumping lots of money into the race Kerry will win the primary in a landslide and cruise to the general.

I was referring to a conservative Dem in the presidential race, making MA less likely to vote b/c they are unexcited by the presidential candidate who they take for granted will win and don't like Kerry

I do not find it hard to believe people could split there vote with Richardson or Edwards and Card
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 07:20:11 AM »

This is a joke. Kerry will run and win. Primary challenge or not. Credible republican or not. John Kerry is a hero.

Usually if someone loses you a winnable election you don't make them your hero (although I am one to speak)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 06:49:42 PM »

Texas is much more likely to replace Cornyn with a Dem than Mass is to replace Kerry with a Republican.

That is certainly close simply because MA has voted GOP for gov several times in recent years, there are some good candidates for the GOP, and Kerry has incited more angst
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »

Texas is much more likely to replace Cornyn with a Dem than Mass is to replace Kerry with a Republican.

That is certainly close simply because MA has voted GOP for gov several times in recent years, there are some good candidates for the GOP, and Kerry has incited more angst

The Republicans that did win in MA were pretty much RINOs, even Romney at the time he was elected (and when he shifted to the right his popularity plummeted). None of the Dems that ran for statewide office in recent elections in Texas were DINOs as far as I saw.

Well when you think about Dems that could unseat Cornyn DINOs like Cuellar jump to mind
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies