FL: Quinnipiac University: Obama leads Perry by 2, trails Romney by 7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:16:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL: Quinnipiac University: Obama leads Perry by 2, trails Romney by 7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Quinnipiac University: Obama leads Perry by 2, trails Romney by 7  (Read 1182 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: September 25, 2011, 05:33:58 AM »

Why was it entered as Obama +2 instead of Romney +7?

Because Perry leads the primary in this poll and Perry trails Obama by 2.

Ah I see.

Yeah, I think it's the best we can do right now: look at the primary polling in each state and use the leader for the general election matchup.

Once there is a Republican nominee, we can modify the old polls and put in the values of the real nominee.

Why? It makes a lot more sense to consistently use one candidate, preferably the one we think will be the nominee or who does the best. Right now I think it makes sense to use Romney, since Perry would be destroyed anyway.

Having a map with Romney v Obama numbers in some states and Perry v Obama in some makes no sense to me. Such a map would tell us nothing, while one with one of the candidates would tell us something.

I think it would be silly of us to try to hastily pass judgement on the race and put Romney as the presumptive nominee because we "think" he'll be the nominee. Perry is the front runner, and thus should be used in match ups. Or perhaps both.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies