Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:55:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)  (Read 30662 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« on: April 02, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »

Can I be UK?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 07:10:56 PM »

Will the GM be actively looking for sparks to light the fires of war akin to the assassination in Sarajevo?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 05:54:29 PM »

I must say I am surprised that three players already decided to gang up against the Ottomans and try and carve their Empire, xD

This is getting really amusing! (specially with the PM's I have received so far)

I'm a little bitter right now, considering I barely had time to scratch my nose.

If it's any consolation, the plans were conceived prior to your entrance into the game.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 12:38:17 AM »

--Part of the Canadian fleet is sent to the Mediterranean.
Canada has a fleet?  In real life there wasn't even a Canadian Navy until 1910.

It has been amusing to see the military moves made in this game.  Quite often their connection to reality has been quite tenuous.

While there was no official navy, I believe there were British vessels stationed in Canada, which is what I was referring to by the use of the word "fleet"
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »

It looks like Prince William now has two Kaisers to kowtow to since the Hapsburgs have joined the war.  I do hope he doesn't embarrass America too much by confusing Franz Ferdinand with Wilhelm.  I wonder if our pugilistic prince has decided who he'll be selling Greenland to once he gets it from Denmark.  At least when he does he won't be betraying those who fought with us by selling them off like an old-fashioned slave dealer. The selling will be the same, but the Eskimaux of Greenland haven't fought beside us as the Filipinos did.  Or maybe our posh potentate wants to buy all that snow and ice for himself.  It would be far better if he made made plans to retire as the Graf of Greenland than for him to break yet another of Washington's maxims and seek a third term.  Alas, I suspect Prince William will once again disregard the wise advice of the Father of Our Republic, just as he ignored that of keeping us free from entangling foreign alliances.

wut
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 02:19:34 PM »

When can we expect the next turn?

I'm very eager to continue this Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »

So excited! Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 09:37:38 PM »

I must say, from all the nasty moves I have seen since we started, claiming that Alexandra's next child is illegitimate is probably one of the worst, xD (specially since Edward VII is related to Nicholas II)

All in the name of propaganda

Wink

I had some even worse things planned, but refrained from using them... yet.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 10:29:54 AM »

The House of Saud waits for the proposed treaty and the creation of an Arabic state, and it is advisable not to make them wait too long.

So the Sauds conquered the Rashids earlier in this game ahead of schedule? In 1900, the Sauds were in exile in Kuwait, tho by 1904 in OTL they had regained Riyadh, which is why that city is the Saudi capital.  I would have thought that given the British love of divide and conquer that they would not have supported a complete Saudi takeover of the interior without at least giving the Rashids a chance to adjust to the circumstances.

I never really had a say, they kind've just appeared.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 11:50:04 AM »

Germany fully condemns any foreign power taking advantage of the situation

OOC: how ironic

ooc: ironic? germany's the only western power who isn't gangraping morocco iirc

What about the UK Sad
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 04:02:17 PM »

Well, I'm thinking maybe when this one ends, we can start a new one with a different time period then. I've just had so much fun playing this game I'd hate to see it end.

1700! Smiley

Northern War and the War of the Spanish Succession!

Technically the War does signal an end to the Belle Epouqe Period.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 11:55:28 PM »

Do we start sending in our next turn's moves?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 07:52:11 PM »

Do we start sending in our next war turn moves?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 09:52:50 PM »

As you all know- I am a frank talker, so here we go....

Windjammer, pal- you are a good fellow, I like you, but your public criticisms of Lumine's decisions are total bullsh**t... You are his #2 and should not be undermining him publicly, first of all. Secondly- what else do we have to go by then what Lumine tells us is the reality? If we have to doubt his decisions,what point is there in continuing this game? I may be a genius businessman but in Monopoly if I get a few bad rolls, I am bankrupt. He runs this game his way- and the basic premise we accept to play it is that what he says goes, and I do not appreciate you casting doubt on that premise to ruin this game. I did not protest whenever I disagreed with his decisions even if they cast the USA in a bad light, and I would appreciate you not adding doubt to the game

Also.......as others have pointed out, my primary goal as the USA has been expanding our military might. I have strategically placed my forces across the world knowing this would be the goal........of course,this is "out of character', but I even sent the Wikipedia article of "War Plan Red" to Lumine at the start of the game to explain my overall strategy. War Plan Red was a pre-WWII war plan by the USA to defeat the British if we ended up opposing them in a conflict.....it is past the date in which this game is played, but it describes the strategy the USA would have taken. I have been planning for war with Britain since the start of this game....again, this is "out of character" but I believe this has already been guessed. My actions in the game have been taken accordingly, and I do not believe attacks on the USA's actions in the "real world" are relevant to what all of us have done in this alternate history

Thanks for giving me your plan Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 12:10:35 AM »

Can I have a little more time to do the French orders? After all I am commanding two countries each who have loads of moves each turn Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »

I have to go on LOA from this game, guys. Sorry.

Sad to hear that, for how long do you plan to be out?

Time for plan B Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-British_Union#World_War_II_.281940.29
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 12:39:26 AM »

Writing the war moves along with answering my questions is taking a bit longer than expected, and my word just crashed ruining 30 min of work Angry . Can I have until tomorrow evening?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 12:53:09 AM »

Considering we literally have half the game inactive at this time, should we just call a hiatus until everyone has time to play again?

I certainly wouldn't mind, given that Cynic, SJoyce, Cranberry and Clarence have lacked the time to play. I wonder how much time would they need?

This might be a problem for me, as later this month my activity level is going to decline for about a week or two.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 10:11:29 PM »

Well, on Friday/Saturday I have to begin a trip that might take from one to two weeks, and while I will internet conection I certainly won't have the time for both of the games I'm hosting. Would two to three weeks be too much? (I fear the interest will go away, even if the game have already slowed)

I'd much prefer to keep AGOT active over this one, so works for me Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies